Importing Events from Facebook

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Importing Events from Facebook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dustin Hart

Hello,

We’re interested in adding the Events Aggregator, Our biggest need is to pull events from several public/business facebook pages in town that frequently post events. (Not our FB page, but event venue/business pages.) This way we don’t have to hand enter every event for the month. on our site.

Will this tool work for that? Or would I be better off giving an individual at that business an account to add their own events to our site?

Thanks!
    Dustin

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

Event Aggregator will definitely do what you are looking for. You can do imports whenever you’d like by pasting in a link to the public Facebook page and clicking “import”, or you can schedule imports to run automatically as well.

If you would like others to be able to add events from the front end, I would recommend taking a look at Community Events, which creates a form for front-end event submission and gives you settings to control how it’s used (like requiring users to login before submitting an event).

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thanks

Jennifer

Dustin Hart

I installed the event tickets pro. All works as it’s supposed to, except that the QR code is missing from the ticket email. Is there a setting I’m missing? Why isn’t that in the ticket email? I thought it was supposed to be standard unless you install the plugin to prevent it from showing.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for installing Event Tickets Pro! The QR code should be in the emails, and you are right that we do have a plugin to hide it from emails.

Before we dive into this, could you please post this issue over in our Event Tickets Plus forum? We try to keep this Pre-Sales forum limited to pre-sales questions, but we will be happy to help you over there! When you do post, please share your system information with us so that we can see if there is anything there that could be causing this problem. Testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins is also a great first step in troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Jonny
    Participant

No worries, Thank you for the response. I actually worked it out a little bit ago.

I had updated my servers php in order to work with woocommerce and found that my graphics daemon didn’t automatically update as well. So once I added that new .gd to my php 5.6 version, the QR code started coming through. So I’m all set. Thanks. Sorry to bother.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Awesome, I just saw your other post. Glad to hear this has been resolved!

Also, thanks for posting your solution here – that is always helpful for other users who might be experiencing the same issue.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread out, but please feel free to open a new one if you have any more issues!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Events from Facebook’ is closed to new replies.