Google map issue and customization questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google map issue and customization questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    emanuele
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve purchased the PRO version and the map doesn’t work, I can’t see it in events and in the backend say something about the Api key query limits, unfortunatly I change the page and now can find the advice but hope u understand what I’m taling about.

Second: I’mtrying to configurate my own templates, but having a lot of troubles. I followed the steps your themer’s guide suggest, but, for example, I did it exatcly like you describe:

Let’s say you’d like to add a small style tweak that changes the background color of the event meta box on an single event from gray to white. In tribe-events.css in the tribe-events/ directory of your theme, you can simply add:

.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-event-meta {
    background: #fff;
    }

But it doesn’t work.
    But CSS are the little problem, the main difficult for me is find the files I’m searching for:
    I need to find the single event page (I’m using the photo view), and the photo grid template, so I can try customize it, and then I can try to overwrite it.

I attach screens with examples what I need and asking for, very thanks in advice,
    Emanuele

Hunter

Hi Emanuele,

Welcome back and sorry to see you’re having issues with the customizations. I like to share this Customizing WordPress #1 – How To Create A Child Theme by LevelUpTuts YouTube video with users learning how to make template overrides. Hopefully it helps!

Another helpful video is this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools by LevelUpTuts. This one is great for learning the basics of CSS using your browser’s ‘Inspect‘ tool.

In response to the map issue, does is still occur when deactivating all plugins other than ours and reverting back to the default WordPress theme? Before creating new threads, it’s required you review our Testing for conflicts guide to see if you can reproduce each issue.

Based on what you’ve shared with me, you also might need to Set Up Your Google Maps API Key. Have a look at that article and let me know if the map displays properly once you have the API key set up.

To edit the single event template, you’ll need to copy the contents from /the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php and save your customizations as [your-theme]/tribe-events/single-event.php to avoid losing your custom code when updating The Events Calendar. Please review our Themer’s Guide once again if you get caught up.

To edit the photo view template, do the same process I explained above. The file(s) you’ll need to overwrite are /events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/photo.php and in the photo folder inside the /events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/ folder. If you look at the top of each template, it provides instructions on how to properly name and save customizations. (see screenshot below for example)

I recommend setting up a test site where you can fully test without the risk of losing important data. The best way to learn this process is to practice. Best of luck with the customizations and let me know how things go. Cheers!

emanuele
    Participant

Hi Hunter,
    I will come back on the google map in a second time, I’ve inserted my API key obv before posting here, but maybe I will take a dedicated IP soon, so now I will wait and focusing on the customization problems.

The first one strange thing I notice is I’ve the events calendar folder in my /plugins folder does not exist.
    I’ve only the Pro folder.
    But I’ve installed the base version too, and it figure in the folders list of wordpress panel.

Anyway, going into the Pro folder in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/photo I found a single-event.php file, but there is anything I want customize (for example, and this is a big necessity, I need to delete or edit the organizer view in the single events page.
    The second big necessity is an horrible language error in the photo view grid, the translation of “next events” in italian is wrong, but I can’t find a way to change it, cause there is not a line like this in the language files and nothing in the photo grid template view.

For the rest I will have more time to spend in pratice, but if you can help me for these two particular things I will be very happy 🙂

Hunter

Hello,

Thank you for the update. If you do continue experiencing issues with the Google Map, please create a separate thread and we’d be happy to help further assist.

The first one strange thing I notice is I’ve the events calendar folder in my /plugins folder does not exist. I’ve only the Pro folder.

In order for Events Calendar PRO to work, you need to have The Events Calendar installed and activated on your site. So it’s good you’ve got that step taken care of. I recommend reading over our New User Primer to help learn the basics.

If you need to edit any information from the single event template, as previously mentioned, you’ll need to edit /the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php. The organizer information can be found in the /the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/meta/organizer.php.

The /events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/photo/single-event.php file contains the code which displays the individual event info on your main Photo view. See example screenshot below from our demo site.

As previously mentioned, it’s best to set up a test site where you can add/remove code from templates to help identify which files you need to alter to get the changes you seek. This is how I familiarized myself with our plugins and it’s worked wonders for me.

Good luck and if you didn’t watch the videos recommended in my previous post, I highly recommend doing so. Have a great rest of your week!

emanuele
    Participant

Hi Hunter,
    I will take care and proceed step by step, maybe opening a new thread for the map and watching videos 🙂
    But for the plugin missing in folder I need a suggest. What should I do?
    I installed the events calendar on my website, then I bought events aggregator and then the Pro version of the calendar, but in the plugin folder there is only the pro version, I assure you. So, how to proceed?
    Because the plugin works well (except for the map) and I’m scared to make disaster, if for, example, I try to put in the plugin folder the events calendar base version right now, when all is working fine.
    Oherwise I need to acced at mentioned .php files…
    Any suggest?
    thanks again

Hunter

Welcome back,

As I mentioned in my previous post, it’s recommended you set up a testing site where you can fully troubleshoot any questions or issues you might have without risk of losing important data or having an “unfinished” site live for others to see. Please review our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites Knowledgebase article for information.

I wish I could provide more support in this instance but instructions on how to properly create and save customizations are clearly outlined in the Themer’s Guide. You should have both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO installed and activated on your site. Additionally, folders titled the-events-calendar and events-calendar-pro should appear in your plugins folder. You’ll save any customizations in the tribe-events folder inside your theme folder. Additionally, Event Aggregator is “baked” in The Events Calendar, so it does not need it’s own folder like TEC and PRO do.

I’ll provide any more information I feel might help below. Sorry again I can’t dedicate more time on this thread. Please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article so you fully understand what to expect when asking for support. If things get beyond your level of expertise, it might be best to hire a professional to help further assist. We have a list of customizers to help get you started in the right direction.

In response to the “Next Events” text not translating in Photo view; what does it currently say? You can change what displays by looking at the PRO language files or use the snippet found here. Please see the screenshot below of my Photo view’s “Next Events” text.

Best of luck and please create a separate thread for the Google Maps issue and we’d be happy to help take a closer look. Thanks and take care!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Google map issue and customization questions’ is closed to new replies.