Just starting out with The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO? These steps will help you get set up and ready to rock an awesome calendar. Follow the links for detailed tutorials.
Install The Events Calendar
Download and install the plugin. You can download and use our core plugin, The Events Calendar, for free.
If you have purchased a license for Events Calendar PRO, you’ll need to install and activate both The Events Calendar and PRO plugins.
💡Note: Your downloaded plugin should be a .ZIP file. If your browser is set to automatically unzip the file into folders, please refer to your browser settings.
If you purchased Events Calendar PRO, the license key will be automatically entered for you.
The plugin will work without the license key, but you’ll need it for automatic updates when we release a new version. Need updates on both your dev site and your live site? We’ve got you covered.
Configure your settings. Configure both your WordPress settings and Events Calendar settings so that your calendar works how you’d like it.
Add to Menu
Add a link to your calendar on your website so that visitors can find it.
Create an Event
You’re ready to add your first event!
Hurrah! Your calendar is now up and running! You can stop there or further tailor your calendar with the options below.
- Important Settings for The Events Calendar/Events Calendar Pro
- Add widgets to your sidebar or other widget area
- Integrate with your site’s theme
- Purchase Events plugins to add features such as recurring events, event submission, event filtering, ticket sales, and more.
- Customize the look and feel of your calendar with code