**For Geoff B. *** – continuing closed thread

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO **For Geoff B. *** – continuing closed thread

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

Hey Geoff,
    Thanks for the good news!

To clarify, I understand this should resolve the problem with language-specific category URLs.

Will it also clear up the other problem we are seeing here, where the “meta” data from the custom post type (I think I’m explaining that correctly) e.g. venue, date etc, is not being carried over to the translated version of the post?

Discussed here
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/continued-for-geoff-b-wpml-venues-event-dates-not-carrying-over/

Thanks

Greg

Geoff B.

Good evening Greg,

To answer your question, yes this should resolve the language-specific category URLs issue.
    In fact, it should also solve other language-specific URL slug issues.

As per the other issue, I will need to get confirmation for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good evening Greg,

As promised, I followed up on the second issue and it looks like September 12th’s release won’t solve that.
    But, now that things are falling into place, our WPML wizard Dev will start working on it and it should not be a huge thing to fix.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Greg
    Participant

Hi Geoff, here we are, D day! I don’t see any release from WPML just yet. Do you know if it’s still on schedule?

Regard in the metadata issue, what are your estimates on a timeline for fix of that? it’s pretty important to us.

Thanks a lot, all the best.
    Greg

Geoff B.

Hi again Greg,

I will follow-up with the chain of command later today to see where this is at and get back to you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Greg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Greg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Greg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Greg
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

How did you get on with this one? Any joy?

Thanks

Greg

Geoff B.

Good evening Greg,

OK last of my well overdue replies for tonight.

As it stands, the slug translation of custom taxonomies (event category) has, much to my disappointment (and everybody involved in this topic), not been fixed by the pull request the good folks from WPML released on Friday.

It is the only important bug left that has no current acceptable workaround. I am bringing this up in tomorrow afternoon’s team meeting because I would very much like to have one for you and your client.

I will report on this tomorrow evening.
    I am, once again, extremely saddened by the fact that this remains in spite of what we have been promised.

Regards,

Geoff B.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘**For Geoff B. *** – continuing closed thread’ is closed to new replies.