Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Hi Jenny – it’s best to put general questions about Events Calendar PRO in the Events Calendar PRO forum: this thread is all about feature requests for WooTickets.

That said, I’m afraid I can’t give any more information. We hope to release 3.0 soon – currently it is in the beta testing phase – but we’re not going to commit ourselves to an absolute deadline there.

Jenny
    Participant

Shoot, my bad. I did a search and mis-read the header. Feel free to move/delete.

Barry

No worries! (Right now it’s easier for us to leave threads in situ due to limitations with our forum software, so we’ll just leave this in place.)

Jonathan

Hi Barry,

I’m very happy WooTickets is out now, and I have a couple of comments on features I’d like to see added. I notice both of these have come up in other people’s posts:

1. tickets for recurring events – since ECP supports recurring events, it seems really sensible for this to be on your to-do list! I’d use it a lot as I’m using WooTickets to sell tickets to gym classes.

2. selling tickets for a series of events – I put on various series of events, which usually have four events in them. I’d like to sell a ticket to the whole series at a discount (which would update the stock of each event). I’d also like for there to be a single page for the series, where people can buy tickets to each event, as well as the series. There is a WooCommerce extension called Product Bundles (http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/user-guide/bundles/) which might let me do this, but it would be helpful for it to be possible through WooTickets.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Barry

Good points Jonathan – we’ll take note and see what we can do.

Julien
    Participant

Like your concurrent EventEspresso, I would like to have the opportunity to receive a PDF with a QR code that I should present at the entrance of the event.
    For the moment, I can only print a PDF. But I would like to reduce the unnecessary step of non-ecological print PDF.
    Showing a QR code on a smartphone is a best way to handle users I think.
    So for me it’s a key point for choosing my event’s ticketing solution

Alex
    Participant

Any updates on having product options for the tickets? Wootickets is unusable to me until these features are added. I’ve had to manually insert a gravity form to the calender pro detail page to do what I need for now. See: http://ifma.insiteadvice.net/event/special-event-2013-ifma-golf-classic This is what wootickets should do! If you aren’t going to add this type of functionality do you offer a refund?

Barry

Julien – yes that would definitely be useful (QR codes) and it’s something that’s been discussed, so we might see this in a future version.

Alex – I’m sorry to hear that it isn’t usable for you in its current state. Please feel free to email us (my colleague Leah is the best point of contact if you need a refund – please write to [email protected] and include a link to this thread) and she will take things from there.

Julien
    Participant

Thanks Barry.
    What about the roadmap for this plugin ?
    You see there is a lot of lack !

Barry

Hi Julien, it’s true there’s a lot of potential to add features and improve functionality – but we are after all still on the first public release here. So, keep the ideas coming and we’ll continue to log them and assess them for upcoming versions. At this time we don’t however publish a roadmap.

Ann Marie Gill
    Participant

I guess I should have asked some more questions before purchasing this premium add-on. I was surprised to find out (after purchase) that the PDF tickets do not have the date and time of the event (its not even in the receipt email!). There are not many tickets that I know of that do not have that very important detail. Also, my client was very excited about the roster of attendees only to find out that attendee names are not listed – just numbers. that really is of no use to her. At least I can figure out how to style to PDF although not the easiest approach. I hope you really consider adding these features to your next release and hope it is soon. I kind of feel I wasted my money for something I trusted was more complete.

Philippe Braun
    Participant

I fully support what Ann Marie says, even though I have to admit I never even noticed this rather glaring oversight (no event date/time in the receipt email and on the ticket PDF), since we put those in almost all our test events titles.
    We did come across the list of attendees, which as Ann Marie writes is almost unusable in a real-life environment (like checking in customers at an events’ door) and certainly not user-friendly, even when time is not pressing, like when/if accounting checking into the state of sales.
    All of these things are much better handled by EventEspresso – which unfortunately, probably also because of these many features, is just barely usable in its complexity, IMHO.
    These problems also have made us think about using Eventbrite or Amiando, even though we really like wooticket’s simplicity.

Maria Paz
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    A good implementation would be to export list attendees with all the data in xsl.
    Thanks

Barry

Hi everyone, thanks once again for all the feedback 🙂

The absence of the event date from the PDF tickets does rather seem like an oversight and I’ll be sure to take note of that so it can be addressed in a future version of WooTickets.

It also is absent from the order confirmation email; I’ll definitely take note of that, too, however since that side of the system is handled by WooCommerce it may be that a customization needs to take place on that side, too, if you want to conditionally add that sort of data in there.

The attendee list is something that a number of users have commented on and I have already logged that as a feature request – but your comments here definitely lend extra weight to this and I’ll be sure to annotate that there is considerable demand for improvements here.

Export options, whether to a more readily printable format or to XML, would also be good for sure – and again I believe we’ve taken note of that already but I’ll definitely make a record of further requests coming in for this.

All in all, I’d like to thank you for your support so far – we’re definitely listening and keen to improve the experience for everyone.

Philippe Braun
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    just to quickly add to this: export of wooTicket data to XLS would be a huge plus here – if the data is then usable in Excel. We’re actually looking into Store Apps Smart Manager at the moment, since our client wants lists sortable by date/by event, attendees names in plain text, no cryptic numbers.
    (Some sort of roadmap document for WooTicket and Event Cal Pro would be really helpful, IMHO)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!’ is closed to new replies.