Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Maria Paz
    Participant

Hello Barry, I think it is extremely important for the buyer to have the date and time of the event in the PDF ticket. This shouldn’t be very difficult to implement?
    thanks

Barry

just to quickly add to this: export of wooTicket data to XLS would be a huge plus here

Sure. It might be that, if this is added to a future release, something a tad more generic (but still Excel-compatible) like CSV is used, but I’ve got this logged and the team can consider it when they do their forward planning.

I think it is extremely important for the buyer to have the date and time of the event in the PDF ticket. This shouldn’t be very difficult to implement?

I’ve logged this issue and it seems like a great idea – so I’d expect we’ll see it in the next release.

Chris
    Participant

“your comments here definitely lend extra weight to this and I’ll be sure to annotate that there is considerable demand for improvements here.”
    Well, if you say that…

I just purchased a Business license as I have two clients who want ticketing. Have to say I need to add my vote to the following features:

1) Actual Date and Time on PDF tickets:
    This has to be priority! Temporary workaround is to put the date and time manually in the event title and the ticket type when you set that up so WooCommerce order confirmations have it too. Without that, with events of 200 people it will generate a lot of queries for event organisers prior to the event.

2) Attendee List By Name (or purchaser name for multiple tickets):
    This was the main feature my client wanted and we were both mislead by your sales page (not deliberately by you guys by the way, it’s just implied in your wording). On your features page it says: “PDF tickets and a handy attendee list to “check in” users as they arrive” – sorry, but it’s not an exportable list and it’s not good for checking in a event locations without an Internet connection to your WordPress site. Perhaps you need to change the wording here as a few people seem to be requesting this?

For the attendee list I know your limitation is that one customer could buy multiple tickets so you would only have one name against multiple tickets. Please don’t let this valid complication prevent a quicker implementation of a list of tickets by customer being implemented. This information is all there in WooCommerce it’s just a matter of getting at it… Aside from these missing features, this has great potential and I think it would put a lot of people’s mind at ease if you could indicate a time period for these two key features otherwise people are going to have to find solutions elsewhere. If anyone knows any workarounds for these in the mean time I’d love to hear them.

Barry

Thanks Chris, I’ve noted your comments on our issue tracker and both points will, hopefully, be taken on board for the next release.

Ann Marie Gill
    Participant

Chris, I couldn’t have said it any better. You articulated exactly what I wanted to say about the improvements/expectations of this plugin. I’ve spent a serious amount of hours trying work arounds to find solutions – most of which have failed since I don’t have a deep enough understanding of php. I resorted to turning off the attached PDF ticket since the styling was so beyond my client’s brand and it was difficult to adjust and am including a downloadable ticket customized for each event (which will become an issue if more than 1 ticket is purchased at a time). Any ETA at all for when the next release is?

Barry

Unfortunately we don’t have an ETA just yet – we have focused a lot of resources on our forthcoming 3.0 release, which will see a whole raft of changes and improvements coming to the fore.

Due to that, we have deviated from our normal program of monthly maintenance releases – however that is not permanent and we expect to start updating add-ons like WooTickets again on a regular basis, soon.

To pick up on your note regarding the styling of the PDF ticket, that’s completely understandable and as I may have noted elsewhere on the forum we do plan on creating a tutorial to help people customize the PDFs more easily.

Thanks again for all the feedback 🙂

Chris
    Participant

Barry – thanks for the response. I feel for you, this after all is a ‘ticketing’ rather than ‘event management’ solution…

I’ve found this for folks looking for an way to get attendee data – no purchased yet so can’t guarantee it would work – but looking tempting: http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/user-guide/extensions/ordercustomer-csv-exporter/

The previously mentioned hack to manually put dates on tickets will work for me in the short term. I would customise it but my PHP skills are lacking so I don’t even know where to start to look!

Barry

Thanks for posting the link. For those who are interested there is some code that fetches the name of ticket purchasers (in the context of the single event template) in this thread which could be adapted for other uses.

Barry – thanks for the response. I feel for you, this after all is a ‘ticketing’ rather than ‘event management’ solution…

Exactly so. Though the direction the plugin takes will naturally adapt itself to the feedback of our customers, within reasonable bounds anyway, it isn’t intended to be a comprehensive event management tool.

Cheers,

Barry

Maria Paz
    Participant

Hey Chris, have you tried the cvs exporter add-on?
    I tried the waiting list one: http://www.woothemes.com/products/woocommerce-waitlist/ But it doesn’t work “out of the box”. I really don’t want to keep on spending money on this.
    Let us know if you’ve had test it. Thanks

Rob

Hey all. I’ve been reviewing these items today and am seeing some great things here. I can also understand some of the frustration from those who find the feature set not up to their liking (or their client’s).

There is no question there are some limitations with the plugin, and that those are pain points for certain users. This is – as many of you are aware – the 1.0 release of WooTickets, and by no means meant to be a finished product. We released knowing we had some features we still wanted to incorporate, but had the code far enough along that the core product was finished and we wanted to get it out there for people to use. Some of these comments suggest the plugin has been “abandoned” in the sense that we haven’t released an update since the 1.0 build…but you should all know that’s not the case.

If you own any of our other add-ons, you’ll notice that over the past few months we’ve slowed down on updates across the board, and have only pushed out minor releases when a critical bug required it. The reason behind that is that we made a decision towards the end of last year to focus our immediate efforts on The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO 3.0, and the changes that update is going to require for this add-on and all the others. This meant cutting back from the monthly maintenance release cycle we got into with 2.0 so we could focus resources on the broader 3.0 push. Though this led to fewer releases in the short term, we believe the end payoff will be worth it for everyone.

With regards to WooTickets specifically: right now we’re discussing exactly what features that next release will be comprised of, based largely on this thread and the feedback Barry has provided, so we can get something that both meets your needs and integrates with 3.0. It sounds like recurrence support, more customizable PDFs and a more usable attendees list are the biggest pain points for those who’ve participated in this thread.

If anyone has any questions on this or thoughts they don’t want to share on the forum, please feel free to email me directly (rob /a/ tri.be) so I can make sure you’re taken care of. On my end I’ll keep you posted on the status of a next release – and what it’ll entail – as soon as I know more.

Ann Marie Gill
    Participant

Thank you Rob for your detailed reply. I appreciate you addressing our concerns. Keeping us posted on plans for the next release of Woo Tickets would be great. The main frustration I had was that this is a premium $50 plugin that perhaps should have been free (or cheaper than 50) if all the pieces were not in place and then an upgrade in price for a full feature version when ready. When I pay that much for a plugin I expect it is not beta. Luckily I have found ways to make it work…after many hours…but look forward to the next update. It will be truly awesome then 😉

Barry

Glad to hear you’ve got it working, even if you had to introduce some workarounds there – and thanks once again for all the feedback.

Philippe Braun
    Participant

Hi Barry and Rob, thanks for your inputs here.
    I know you won’t commit to any date, but: can you tell us roughly when we can realistically expect the next version of WooTickets?

Rob

Hi Ann Marie, Philippe and everyone else interested in the next version of WooTickets. While we generally are unable to provide specific launch dates, I will say that – barring any disastrous, showstopping bugs – we will have this update out this week. Depending on how quickly final QA gets done today, it could be as early as tomorrow.

We’ll obviously let everyone know via an update in this thread once the new version has launched.

Philippe Braun
    Participant

Rob: tomorrow? Are you trying to give us all a collective heart attack? 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!’ is closed to new replies.