Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    marcjulia
    Participant

1) Proper WPML integration
    2) Improve translations in .pot files
    3) Custom Ticket templates
    4) Better support (critical)

At least 3 & 4 are what someone would expect after paying 100$ for a couple of plugins.

Barry

Hi marcjulia, thanks for your comments.

If we’ve let you down on the support front then I apologize, we do strive to do everything we feel can reasonably be expected of us and if this has fallen short then we really are sorry.

To pick up on some of your other points, we’re aware that making our plugins play nicely with WPML is something that we need to work on, but this isn’t trivial to do and nor to the best of my knowledge do we market our plugins on the basis of WPML-compatibility.

On a related note, translations are a community effort – we very much rely on the help of our global community to provide these translations and welcome all contributions. If you find shortcomings in a translation and are able to do take the time to revise and amend it we’d be more than happy to take a look at your amendment.

Easier customization of tickets is something we’re hoping to realize in a future release. Whether that is handled by changing the engine used to generate the PDFs or simply offering more support resources to guide people through this hasn’t been decided yet, but we do realize it’s something of a pain point for a number of users and have taken that on board.

WooTickets itself is a young piece of software but will continue to develop and where practicable will reflect the needs of our users – so, as we’ve mentioned a number of times, your feedback is wholly welcome and appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

Rob

Hey marcjulia. Thanks for the feedback here; I’d be interested in hearing what you would consider to fall into the realm of “better support”…as Barry noted, we strive to provide as much support as we can reasonably offer up for a $50 plugin, and while the majority of our users are happy with it, we are always looking for ways to improve and better serve our users.

If you’d be willing to let me know your feedback on how we could improve and make things more valuable to you, I would love to hear it…that’s a surefire way to help things improve, and you can feel free to email me (rob at tri.be) personally with these concerns.

Rob

Hey all, just a heads up that we released the 1.0.1 build today: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/release-wootickets-1-0-1/. It’s largely focused on bug fixes, and does patch a number of the somewhat critical issue users have reported (pretty much every significant bug we’ve got in the system at this point should be included in that release). There are a handful of minor features included here too.

More to come on a broader feature-centric build soon, now that we’re moving onto that side of things. We’ll keep you posted.

Nick Ciske
    Participant

I had a venue name with a smart apostrophe (copied and pasted in) which was rendered in the PDF as a question mark — having the plugin ‘scrub’ the text to remove non-renderable characters before it goes in the PDF to avoid issues like this would be a good thing to add.

marcjulia
    Participant

Hi Nick, just came across the same issue, had to replace the utf8_decode() function with html_entity_decode() and then use iconv( “UTF-8”, “windows-1252”, $title ) to avoid question marks ? instead of apostrophes ‘.

Hope this helps.

Nick Ciske
    Participant

Marcjulia, thanks for the fix (I just edited the venue name to use a straight apostrophe in my case). Hopefully the devs will get this polished up in the next release.

Barry

Nick and marcjulia – we’ve got an issue logged that closely relates to this and I’ll add your comments there. Thanks 🙂

marcjulia
    Participant

Hi, not sure if this has been posted before, I think it would be great to include a new feature like this: to send the attendees list to an email account 2 hours before the start of the event (for example).
    The hability of adding custom emails for each ticket (or just simply event) and setting the time to send the emails (1 day before start date, equal to the end of ticket sale, 2 hours prior start time…) would be just perfect.

Barry

That’s definitely a great idea, I do tend to think something like that ought to be the domain of third party extensions, though.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature Requests – All Ideas Welcome!’ is closed to new replies.