Events Ticket Plus – What’s the process for scanning/managing QR Code Tickets?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Ticket Plus – What’s the process for scanning/managing QR Code Tickets?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Participant

I am considering purchasing/using Events Ticket Plus… however, after reading your product descriptions and support articles, I am still unclear as to “What’s the steps/process for scanning/managing QR Code Tickets?”

Cliff

Hi, Keith. Thanks for your interest in Event Tickets Plus.

Please reference my response at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/qr-reader-problems/#post-1242385 and let me know if it answers your question.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Keith
    Participant

Cliff, thanks for your response… however, this did not help at all… can you please answer my initial question “What’s the steps/process for scanning/managing QR Code Tickets?”

Cliff

From the thread I linked to, to check someone in via QR code:

1. login to WordPress in the browser that the QR scanner will use (e.g. its own browser, Safari, Chrome, etc), as an Editor or Administrator
    2. scan the QR code

If this isn’t working for you, then I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Keith
    Participant

Cliff, thanks for your response… however, this still did not give me any additional information… can you please answer my initial question “What’s the steps/process for scanning/managing QR Code Tickets?”

What is a QR Scanner? Which one would you recommend? Can we use our smartphones? If so, does it require an app?

Once the code is scanned, what happens? What if it is an invalid code? What if it is a valid code, does it update the website or a file that show who and how many have checked in?

Do you have a video demonstrating the entire process?

Cliff

Keith,

Scanning a QR code is like clicking the Check-In button at an Event’s wp-admin Attendee Report screen.

If a QR code’s link is visited without valid permissions (e.g. logged in as an Editor or Administrator), the check-in won’t work.

Basically, the Event’s wp-admin Attendee Report is the place to view all of an Event’s tickets. You get to this screen from the link in the Tickets area of each Event’s wp-admin edit screen: https://cl.ly/3q3S302J3B0F

We do not have a video for the “round trip” of a ticket getting emailed, scanning a QR code, and seeing how it looks after checked-in.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to give it a short bit of testing / trial-and-error to make sure things are working as desired at your site.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Keith
    Participant

Cliff, thanks for your response… however, this still did not answer all my questions… can you please answer my initial question “What’s the steps/process for scanning/managing QR Code Tickets?”

What is a QR Scanner? Which one would you recommend? Can we use our smartphones? If so, does it require an app?

Can we have multiple people/scanners at several entry points to our events?

Cliff

The customer from that other thread I initially linked you to kindly shared what he came up with for his team’s step-by-step documentation. I’d suggest giving that a look since what I’ve shared thus far hasn’t been too helpful to you.

We do not have a specific QR scanner recommendation, but most customers use their smartphone with an app (I’ve heard only good things about http://www.quickmark.com.tw/). That company also has a Chrome extension so you could scan people in with your computer’s webcam I think. https://webqr.com/ also exists for that use case.

Yes, you can have as many people scanning at the same time as you’d like (e.g. 5 scanning at once if there are 5 entrance doors to your facility). However, each one will require a reload of the wp-admin page so it’s possible this page may be busy or take a while to load if everyone’s hitting it at the same time. You’d just have to test this with your server, but I’d guess WordPress should handle it gracefully (i.e. hopefully still work even under high load if your server is powerful enough and setup correctly).

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Ticket Plus – What’s the process for scanning/managing QR Code Tickets?’ is closed to new replies.