Events Calendar Pro with API from Bandsintown

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Calendar Pro with API from Bandsintown

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Hi,

I have a website called Minnesotacountry.com. I just updated my site to a new theme. We used to have a calendar from Google calendars that we would manually update to show where 30-40 bands played on any given day of the week. As you can imagine it was a lot of work.

I was doing some research and found this calendar. I’m interested in the Pro version. I want to update the calendar automatically with an API from Bandsintown. I am looking for a calendar that will automatically update via the Bandsintown API for 30-40 artists. So when someone goes to the events page they will see the list of all the artists shows listed out. Then if someone wants to go to month view and then click on Friday, January 12, it will open up that day and list all the shows for the 30-40 artists.

Is this something that Events Calendar Pro can do? I hope I explained my situation clearly enough. If not, just let me know and I can elaborate.

Thank you very much for the help in advance and I look forward to the replies!

Ryan

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

We do not currently have a built-in integration with Bandsintown, but you could potentially get this working with a customization.

If you’d like to give the customization a shot, our themer’s guide and functions list are both great resources, and we also have a list of recommended developers that you could contact if you would like to have the code done for you.

I can see this being a useful integration for some of our other users as well, so we would appreciate it if you could post this as a feature request over in our Feature Ideas Forum. This is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

Event Aggregator lets you automatically import from sources like Facebook and Google Calendars, so that might be an option for you as well. The following articles will give you a good overview of how this works and what options are available:

Managing Your Scheduled Imports in Event Aggregator

Event Aggregator Import Settings

How Do Event Aggregator’s Import Limits Work?

Importing Events from a Feed or URL

If you’d like to try doing the integration yourself, I’d recommend trying it out with our free plugin The Events Calendar. We do also offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so feel free to test out Event Aggregator and Events Calendar Pro as well! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ryan

Jennifer,

Thank you very much for the reply! I will give it a try using the customization ability with the free plugin to start with.

Thanks again!

Ryan

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Awesome, good luck with the customization, and please let us know how it goes!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Pro with API from Bandsintown’ is closed to new replies.