Event Aggregator BROKE my iCal Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator BROKE my iCal Import

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    serpcom
    Participant

Events Calendar. We had set up a multi-site license for the ical importer across 120+ sites and noticed that our site has broke since you have changed to the events calendar. This is the WORST possible time for something like this to happen as we are launching a large campaign for the hollidays starting on 11/19; where this needs to be functioning.

Forunatley, the 120+ sites are just now transitioning to this event calendar from their legacy site; however everything we set up is BROKE and is down.

We very much need to SPEAK with someone to resolve this. It took FOREVER to input a fake event and schedule the recurring events to come in from all of the sites and that entire system is now BROKEN and is asking me to Pay for something called the events aggregator. But we already Paid for the iCal importer and spent many days setting it up for all of the accounts into correct categories from certain pages….As well as set up the category pages to sort the events.

We are now launching a huge campaign to drive people to this new site on Saturday and the entire event calendar system we spent weeks setting up is broken and you can not access the event category pages anymore….

serpcom
    Participant

This reply is private.

serpcom
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hey Jonathan,

Sorry to hear you’re in a stressful situation. Rest assured you can make the transition from iCal Importer to Event Aggregator in no time and it’s a relatively easy process. We’ve included instructions on how to do so here.

I’d also recommend reviewing the following resources:

In response to your concern about having to purchase another license, this is not the case. As you’ve noticed, we’ve granted a license for Event Aggregator which will expire on the same date your iCal Importer license was supposed to expire.

Lastly, we unfortunately do not provide support via telephone communication. For more information on what we cover, please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article.

Thank you for understanding and please let me know if you have any questions. If you come across any conflicts or questions, feel free to open a new thread. To save yourself some time, review our Testing for conflicts guide prior to opening a thread as it’s a required step before we can help troubleshoot the issue.

Have a great evening and best of luck with the big launch! To avoid this in the future, I recommend checking our Release Notes regularly. We also send out emails for these kinds of events, so keep an eye on your inbox too.

Cheers!

serpcom
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hey Jonathan,

Glad to hear the situation isn’t as tense at the moment. You will not lose any of the imports you’ve set up when making the transition, though it’s always best to make a backup of your database prior to making the switch.

In response to the layout issues. It’s a little hard for me to build the correct template without having access to your site, which we’re unable to do. But if you review our Themer’s Guide, it will help walk you through the process of creating custom templates. Refer to this Customizing WordPress #1 – How To Create A Child Theme by LevelUpTuts YouTube video for a visual example of what needs to be done.

Sorry I can’t do more here and let me know if you get caught up along the way and I’ll do the best I can to assist. If it comes to it, we have a list of customizers available for hire. Best of luck and let me know how things go. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator BROKE my iCal Import’ is closed to new replies.