The issues reported below are ones we’ve identified as significant, high-priority issues that we are currently investigating. Please note that this is not a complete list of every single known issue.
🕓 Last Updated: 2 April 2020
Table of contents
- [In progress] Additional Fields do not save or update properly when using the Block Editor
- [In progress] Some assets are not loaded when using the [tribe_community_events] shortcode
- [Fixed] Event Schema missing with updated view
- [Fixed] Shared Capacity ticket showing as sold out and other ticket capacity issues
- [Fixed] Additional fields not working with Filter Bar
- [Info] Plus/Minus button styling glitch with Event Tickets / Plus
- [Info] Hiding the “Hide my attendee data from public view”
- [Info] Wrong time / time zone is shown for events after WP5.3 update
- [Info] QR code scanner does not recognize API key
- [Info] Event Tickets Plus: ticket stock troubleshooting
- [Info] Daylight Saving Time Issues with Recurring Events
Additional Fields do not save or update properly when using the Block Editor
- When the Block Editor is enabled an Additional Field block can be added to the Event when using Events Calendar Pro. However, this will not be saved, the block always remains blank.
- The Events Calendar 5.0.2+
- Events Calendar Pro 5.0.2+
Internal ref: ECP-354
Some assets are not loaded when using the [tribe_community_events] shortcode
Description: When the [tribe_community_events] shortcode is used to show the event submission page, then some assets of Community Tickets are not loaded.
- Community Events
- Community Tickets
Internal ref: CT-20
Event schema missing with updated views
Fixed in TEC 5.0.3
Description: With the new views active the JSON-LD schema is not included in the markup, so Google is not registering the events and events.
- The Events Calendar
- We have released a temporary workaround in the form of an extension. You can download it from here.
Internal ref: TEC-3262
Shared Capacity ticket showing as sold out and other ticket capacity issues
Fixed in ET 4.11.5 / ET+ 4.11.4
Description: If tickets are set up with shared capacity, they will show up as zero available on the back-end and as sold-out on the front-end. We are currently investigating the different scenarios where this happens.
If you are experiencing the same issue and you are opening a support ticket, please include these details as well to speed up the process:
- Are you using the classic editor or the block editor for events?
- Are you using any of the Classic Editor or Disable Gutenberg plugins?
- What plugin versions are you using?
- Are you using legacy / V1 views or the new / V2 views?
- What Attendee Registration setting do you use? Default, Modal or Shortcode?
- What payment gateway are you using for ticket sales?
- Sharing your system information is also super helpful.
Additionally, these questions also help us reproduce the issue you are experiencing:
- Did you create tickets with shared capacity, publish, and later manually edit? Please clarify.
- Are you moving an attendees ticket to another event ticket or within tickets of the same event?
- Event Tickets Plus 4.11.2+
- Set up the first ticket with single ticket capacity and save it. Then edit and change to shared capacity before adding any other tickets. Note: this might not work in all cases.
- A fix has been developed and is under testing. If all goes well it will be published by the end of March. (Targeting March 18.)
Internal ref: ETP-264
Additional fields not working with Filter Bar
Fixed in Filter Bar 4.9.3
Description: If “Custom Fields” values are shown on the Filter Bar they show up next to each other.
- Filter Bar
- A fix has been released with Filter Bar 4.9.3
Internal ref: FBAR-67
Plus/Minus button styling glitch with Event Tickets / Plus
Description: In Event Tickets v4.11 we have redesigned how the Ticket Form looks on the front-end. With some themes there can be a styling conflict of the plus/minus buttons in the ticket form. (Screenshot)
- Please refer to this article for more information and a possible fix.
Hiding the “Hide my attendee data from public view”
Description: When asking for an RSVP with ET or selling tickets with ET+ the users get the option to “Hide my attendee data from public view”.
It is possible to hide this option on the front-end with a bit of CSS or one line of code. Please refer to this article for these solutions.
Please note, hiding this user question may increase your risk for being out of compliance for GDPR and similar laws. We will be revisiting this option to provide a better approach and compliance.
- Event Tickets
- Event Tickets Plus
Wrong time / time zone is shown for events after WP5.3 update
Description: After updating to WordPress 5.3, the time and / or the time zone of the events is wrong. In most cases the time is shown in the UTC time zone.
This is caused by the date_default_timezone_set function, which should not be used any more. See the ‘Not recommended’ section in this post.
Update: As of Events Calendar PRO 4.7.10 we are no longer using the date_default_timezone_set function.
Solution: If you are still experiencing glitches with the time or time zone of the events, please read this post for further information and a solution.
QR code scanner does not recognize API key
Description: When scanning a valid QR code of a ticket, an error message similar to the below appears on the screen:
- “Please Verify API Key is Correctly Entered on the Settings Page”
In some cases the server configuration is not allowing the URL (that is coming from the QR code) to go through properly. The URL should be returning a JSON response, but it instead looks to be redirecting to a HTML page. Please contact your hosting provider to investigate this.
In case server configuration is right and confirmed by the hosting provider, then create a support ticket with the following information:
- Set up a test event in the future and share the URL
- Set up a ticket for the event that our support team can ‘purchase’ for free, so we can receive a QR code to scan
- Share with us the API key for the app
To find out more about the error messages in the Event Tickets Plus App please check out this post.
Affected Plugins: Event Tickets Plus & Event Tickets Plus App
Event Tickets Plus: ticket stock troubleshooting
Description: We have received reports of ticket stock not decreasing with the ticket sales. If you are experiencing this, then please read the below article first before getting in touch with us. Thank you!
Affected Products: Event Tickets Plus
Internal ref.: n/a
Daylight Saving Time Issues with Recurring Events
Description: Daylight Saving Time can confuse the best of us. If your recurring events appear to be offset by an hour and you’re note sure why, check out these knowledgebase articles to learn how your events may have been affected.
We are also aware of glitches that can happen when the Series Engine plugin is active. If you are using this plugin, please note that they have settings you can take advantage of to resolve this problem.
Affected Products: Events Calendar PRO
Internal ref.: n/a