Custom Attendee information not stored anymore since latest update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom Attendee information not stored anymore since latest update

• This topic has 19 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Barbara.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant
    Barbara
    Participant

Hmmm, it seems to have started a few days before the update was available :S

The issue started between 8 and 18 February, as far as I can see now. See attached picture of a list of tickets we sold for one particular event, strangely enough one of the tickets sold on 18 February did get the attendee details registered.

We have set up all our tickets to have 2 or more custom attendee fields, which are all set to be mandatory.

Barbara
    Participant

The issue has started after updating to 4.4.2.

Another example added where the issue started on 11 February.

Barbara
    Participant

I suspect it having to do with the following feature:

Event Tickets Plus 4.4.2
    Fix — Replaced WooCommerce autocomplete feature with order status based controls to regulate the generation of attendees and emails (that’s for the report @Bryan)

See attached picture of my settings for the auto-complete feature. This will most likely be the cause (but it feels very illogical and might be the cause for other users experiencing this issue as well.

I will now try to enable the first checkbox to see what happens.

Barbara
    Participant

Both free and paid products are affected.

One of the affected sales opened, but the orders seems to have been handled just fine (the order status has changed twice from “Waiting for payment” to “Completed”, both statuses that were selected in the auto complete-order settings.

Barbara
    Participant

The issue persists despite ticking the first box of “Storing attendee details” > “When the order has been created”. It makes no difference when buying a new ticket.

Rolling back now to the version before 4.4.2

Barbara
    Participant

Rolling back to all four older versions of TEC, TEC PRO, ET and ET PLUS, fixed the issue.

Please look into this as this is very annoying!

PS: Before rolling back, I realized I had the WooCommerce Auto Complete plugin installed too (to actually auto complete orders with specific order statusses). I disabled that, I had to manually approve the order, but still the custom attendee data was not gathered.

So only rolling back fixed the issue.

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

Hans, thanks so much for sharing all these details! This will be very helpful in tracking down this particular issue. As I’m sure you saw in the other thread, this issue is causing us a bit of trouble. There are certainly a large number of folks experiencing it, but not everyone and we are struggling to reproduce it.

Could you also share your system information with us? This guide will help you do that, either automatically or manually is fine.

Thanks again for the details you have already shared, I’m hopeful this will shed some real light on the bug.

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Zach,

Per an earlier reported bug, I am not able to share the system details automatically. When opting in “Yes, I want to share my…. with Modern Tribe support staff”, it gives an error (“No route was found matching the URL and request method Code:rest_no_route Status:404”)

I also thought I had entered my system details manually in my first reply (via the system details section).

In any case, I have added it in the private reply below.

Barbara
    Participant

This reply is private.

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Zach,

Sure, I’d be happy to help.

I have been trying to look for any differences between the orders without custom attendee data attached, and orders that still had the attendee data. But I can’t seem to find any.

As you can see in the screenshot in my first reply in this thread, for one of the events a ticket was bought were attendee data WAS gathered! Even after the update had been applied. The only difference I can see that for that specific order, the payment came in twice via the Mollie interface (it was detected as duplicate payment). But that happens sometimes and should not mean much.

Let me know how to get a hold of the pre-release so I can test it.

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Barbara
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Attendee information not stored anymore since latest update’ is closed to new replies.