Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Hi Darren,

I haven’t seen other users report this issue, however I’m glad to hear that the functionality is working for you now.

I’m assuming this message will go away at some point and does not have any effect on your events or site.

Can you try flushing your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes.  You will want to clear your browser and site cache as well after doing this.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Darren Cope
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Most of the posts above/below mine mention the migration message showing.

I have flushed permalinks as suggested, cleared site cache + my browser cache – message still shows.

Thanks,
    Darren.

Hi Darren,

I’m sorry to hear that did not resolve the issue.  Can you take a screenshot of where the message appears?

Additionally, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Darren Cope
    Participant

All my Eventbrite events have lost the ability to book on the website – no booking button. It is becoming a bit of a nightmare, to be honest.

Has been working and now back to the original problem – no updates or changes at my end.

I will try and test on an offline copy, but I think there is something going on between Eventbrite and yourselves for this – Are there any other reports or am I the only one?

Thanks,
    Darren.

Darren Cope
    Participant

Have now tested on my localhost copy of the website and exactly the same issue.

I have enabled Twenty Sixteen theme and disabled all plugins apart from Events Calendar – some work, some don’t.

I then go and check again, and different ones will start working/not working! This is the same on LocalHost.

Common to both is the message ‘Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing’ – This has been on the live version since the call was initially raised – I have removed plugin, flushed cache, reset permalinks, etc.

Some events are linked to main Eventbrite account – some are our partners. I import as a single URL, change .co.uk to .com and import works – However, eventbrite option is lost sporadically on either type of import (account linked or 3rd party).

Hope you can help.

Darren Cope
    Participant

One of the images I uploaded was for this booking, showing it all working:

https://www.wsxenterprise.co.uk/event/wsx-business-growth-forum/

Now no ticket button! Literally, the time it took me to upload the post and it’s gone.

Hi Darren,

I’m sorry to hear that things still aren’t working.

I previously mentioned the following extension, so that you can change the locale of Eventbrite to a a .co.uk address:

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/eventbrite-additional-options/

Let me know if you have already tried this, and if it helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Darren Cope
    Participant

Hi There,

Installed plugin and set locale to UK – Didn’t make a difference, I’m afraid.

I can literally go through all my events here https://www.wsxenterprise.co.uk/events/ , press F5 on my keyboard and an event may get the ticket option or may lose the ticket option. Cleared local cache, cleared server cache – No change.

Have looked at APIs on our Eventbrite and screenshot attached – should the ‘ea.theeventscalendar.com
    EA Eventbrite Production’ have overwritten the ‘The Events Calendar Plugin’?

‘Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing’ is still showing.

Thanks,
    Darren.

Darren Cope
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Darren Cope
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Darren Cope
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Darren,

When I tried to import either of the events that you provided from Eventbrite, I got an Invalid Eventbrite URL error and could not import.

With the latest version of Eventbrite Tickets (we released an update today), what results do you see?

With the thread that you linked to, the user had an issue with organizers.  Can you ensure that all of your fields are correctly filled in, and that every field is filled in?  This is a requirement of Eventbrite, not us.

Can you also enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

Thanks,

Jaime

pdowning77
    Participant

I too have the same issue and had to roll back to older version pre 06/01/2018.

The Events Calendar v4.6.18 ruined the ability to import from Eventbrite and keep the nice formatting. It just imports as text.

Eventbrite Tickets 4.5.0 with The Events Calendar v4.6.18 and higher exhibits the above issue.

In short, I had to roll back to The Events Calendar v4.6.17 and Eventbrite Tickets 4.4.9 to get back to normal functionality. I lose a lot of ability to import automatically.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed’ is closed to new replies.