Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Darren Cope
    Participant

Hi There,

Updated to the latest version yesterday of both EventsCalendar Pro + Eventbrite.

Left it migrating events overnight – Came in this morning and unable to book events on our calendar – No Eventbrite button appears.

Following message is still displayed in settings of the plugin: Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing.

Looks like all the events are trying to be imported twice on the Event Import History tab Never had an issue before with Eventbrite – This is a real pain as a campaign has gone out referring back to our Events page to book.

Thanks,
    Darren.

Darren Cope
    Participant

Update!

I’ve gone back into the events and done a preview, which shows a list of 9 events and I have now imported again which seems to have sorted that. Now going through all the events to see what is happening.

This message is still showing though – Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing.

Thanks,
    Darren.

Darren Cope
    Participant

I have about 8 events that will not show the eventbrite button to get a ticket. Here is one example:

https://www.wsxenterprise.co.uk/event/inspiring-enterprise-workshop-winchester-june-2018/

This event is from our own Eventbrite page – Seems intermittent which ones work and which don’t.

Tried to then import a single event, which was always straightforward before. I now get: Invalid Eventbrite URL

It isn’t invalid and I have to have this option as we also promote our partner organisation’s events.

Format of URL to import is: eventbrite.co.uk/e/digital-tools-productivity-wimborne-tickets-46836862316

Pretty disappointed at the moment – I would have just imported single events, but can’t do that now.

Thanks,
    Darren.

Darren Cope
    Participant

Another Update!

So, you can no longer import with a .co.uk address. I changed the above URL to .com and it works, so I can manage that, although a step backwards.

Just going back through the 8 events that aren’t showing booking info to try and resolve.

Would the message ‘Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing.’ appear all the time, if the Import setting is set to update any changes from Eventbrite? Seems odd it’s been on for 15 hrs or so.

Thanks,
    Darren.

Darren Cope
    Participant

I’ve now given up – Tried re-importing events that do not show ticket purchase option, but no change. Other events from same Eventbrite account show ticketing OK.

I then scroll through all the events and some show, some don’t – Some are on a Partner Eventbrite page and show OK, whilst others don’t.

The updates looks like it has potential to be really useful with importing from an account in bulk, but I can’t have confidence in it with some events showing/not showing regardless of where they are imported from.

Will rolling back the update cause any issues?

Thansk,
    Darren.

Darren Cope
    Participant

Getting calls from customers so rolled it back and can now book again.

It is very odd – With the latest Eventbrite plugin, some events had booking option, some didn’t – then go back to check and then ones that did no longer had it, etc.

No server caching on the events page (excluded) and local browser cache cleared multiple times on PC/Mobile.

Darren.

Hi Darren,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you experienced so many issues with updating Eventbrite Tickets.

You may be interested in the following extension, so that you can change the locale of Eventbrite to a a .co.uk address:

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/eventbrite-additional-options/

If you’d like to continue troubleshooting your other issues, let me know.  If so, I’d recommend setting up a staging site for this purpose.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-using-wordpress-staging-site/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Marina Harris
    Participant

Hi Darren,

I had exactly the same issues as you on Friday. I spent around 3 hours trying to get it to work. The tickets box would appear and disappear from some events and not others. I found that every time I went into an imported event in WordPress and made any change (no matter how small), the timezone on Eventbrite for that event changed to Russia and the start time was changed to start 1 hour earlier (not happy that the timezone was changed on the Eventbrite event! – also the tickets would stop displaying on the wordpress event page after any update. To fix it I had to reimport the event and not make ANY changes to the event in WordPress at all. The images are all small now on the WordPress event page but I’m too scared to try and change the images because then the event timezone changes in Eventbrite and I lose the ticket box!

I also have the “to ensure all Eventbrite Imports work properly you will need to trigger the Events Migration” message on the Events page. It’s STILL there today from Friday. It doesn’t matter how many times I press it, it won’t go away.

I too am thinking of rolling back. Are you using Avada theme?

Cheers,
    Marina

Darren Cope
    Participant

Hi Marina,

Sounds the same issue, regarding booking option appearing/disappearing sporadically.

Rolling back to the previous version has fixed it, so that’s OK for now.

Our theme is a bespoke developed theme – Never had this sort of issue before. Hope rolling back helps you out as well 🙂

Thanks,
    Darren.

Darren Cope
    Participant

Went to import a new event and get stuck in a loop, as overs have reported.

I try to login to Eventbrite, under and Import Origin and i’m taken redirected back to the import page. I click import eventbrite and I’m told I need to login. Repeat.

Cleared all cache – I had to roll back Eventbrite, so on v4.4.9.

Thanks.

Darren, thanks for your input!

Marina- if you are still experiencing this issue, feel free to open up a new thread and reference this one so that we can provide you with some individualized attention.

Thanks,

Jaime

Darren Cope
    Participant

Update!

So, unable to import any Eventbrite events, as looks like remnants of the new update are still present – Import screens are all updated.

Updated plugin again, and appears that my events are showing correctly. Imported a new event and that has worked.

However, would be good to get an update from Modern Tribe when the dust settles to get a 100% yes it is working from their end. I’m still going into all the events on both Desktop + Mobile to double check, as it did appear to work before, but then the Eventbrite link stopped showing intermittently.

Darren Cope
    Participant

Forgot to say – Still have this message:

Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing.

Hi Darren,

Okay, so to recap, things are working now, is that correct?

However, you still see the message about Currently migrating…?

Can you try deleting Eventbrite Tickets and re-downloading it?

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Darren Cope
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

It does all appear to be working, so looks like some change at your end has fixed it. However, I a just using the single URL import feature – It was the bulk import + update that seemed to break it last time.

The message is still there though – I have re-installed a few times but to no avail.

Do you see these problems going away from others now? If so, hopefully fixed.

Cheers,
    Darren.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed’ is closed to new replies.