Can't create new venu or organizers when using the Community Event submit form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Can't create new venu or organizers when using the Community Event submit form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    benrobertson
    Participant

Hi,

I can’t can’t create new events or Organizers when using the Community Event submit forms. In settings I have allowed this to be possible but it is still not working.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks,
    Ben

Cliff

Hi, Ben. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

This isn’t currently a known issue so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

benrobertson
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

I am running the latest versions of everything and the exact same problem is covered here – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/organiser-cannot-edit-their-profile-or-venue/ where is it clear there is a bug. I need this resolving for tomorrow and have had to use an alternative method. So would like a refund.

Cliff

Oh, gotcha. I misunderstood your issue; thanks for clarifying.

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

If you’d need a refund, please complete our Refund Request Form and link back to this thread for reference.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions about this topic.

Courtney

We released an update for this issue. Can you update your plugins (preferrably on a staging site) and see if that resolves the issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-13-november-2017/

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't create new venu or organizers when using the Community Event submit form’ is closed to new replies.