Organiser cannot edit their profile or venue

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Organiser cannot edit their profile or venue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

1. Organiser cannot edit their profile or venue, they have to go the wp backend to do it which they are not allowed. (community event package)

2. There should be a link where they can edit profile info.

3. I have bought the full community event package and the event pro also,
    but no where i can find how to to put Organisers Directory like searchable page.

Cliff

Hi, Gurdeep.

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please go to wp-admin > Events > Settings > Community tab > “Edit their submissions” option

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

I have done all what you wrote above.

1. I don’t think you got the point. The Organiser submits a event, and then when they want to edit there organiser profile, the link takes them to wp-admin. Purpose is to not to take them to the back admin.

They have permission to edit their venue and organiser profile, but not to go to wp-admin, and it should be possible in the frontend not backend.

Cliff

Yes, exactly. This bug was supposedly fixed in Community Events v4.5.4; however, I was able to reproduce the issue. In other words, I agree it actually wasn’t fixed (or had a regression).

I’ve reported this to our development team and requested high priority on fixing this issue since it was just supposedly fixed.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Cliff

Gurdeep, I heard back from the development team. After testing what they said, it actually is working for me. Please follow along:

At /events/community/list, the logged-in user will be able to click on the Organizer name or Venue name in the Organizer column or Venue column, respectively, only if they created it.

However, while on the Event edit form, the “Edit” button won’t appear unless they deselect it and re-select the same one, in which case it’ll take them to the wp-admin editor. We logged this newly-discovered bug.

Please let me know if this is clear and if you can experience the same on your site.

Referencing your initial post in this thread, you mentioned “Organisers Directory like searchable page”. This is a separate issue from your users being able to edit their own Organizers and Venues, but please reference https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/listing-venues-and-organizers/ and create a new thread if you have any follow-up questions about that topic.

Please get back to me in this thread about users being able to edit Organizers and Venues via Community Events forms.

Thank you.

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

1. Yes its right what you have described.

However, while on the Event edit form, the “Edit” button won’t appear unless they deselect it and re-select the same one, in which case it’ll take them to the wp-admin editor. We logged this newly-discovered bug.

Going back to wp-admin is a issue. Organiser should be able to edit this on the front end.

2. And their needs a one more field for description of the organiser.

3. And on edit form i have to click some other user and back to the organiser i created, then the edit links appears.

Same problem with edit venue which i have created.

Cliff

#1 – I agree going to wp-admin is an issue; we filed this bug. For now, they can get the correct link by going to the Organizer or Venue edit form via the Events List view.

For items 2 and 3, could you please provide a screenshot or video screen capture I could reference?

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

That URL isn’t available to me. Please make it public.

Also, I did not get a screenshot (unless you’re referring to the one from your initial message in this thread). Please add a video instead so I can fully understand the issue.

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Courtney

We released an update for this issue. Can you update your plugins (preferrably on a staging site) and see if that resolves the issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-13-november-2017/

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Gurdeep Sandhu
    Participant

It would have been better to open the form in the same page. Anyway This issue has been resolved. Thanks !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Organiser cannot edit their profile or venue’ is closed to new replies.