Attendees Not Showing on Events Page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendees Not Showing on Events Page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ccwbra
    Participant

Hi, I have the settings to “not hide” attendees from appearing on the events page, but no attendees are appearing. Can you help fix this feature?

National’s 2017

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’d be happy to help you figure out what’s going on.

Can you please share your system information with me? Can you also try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? I’d recommend starting with switching to a default theme to see if the attendees then show up. I took a look at the page HTML, and I don’t see that section at all.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

ccwbra
    Participant

Hi Jennifer, I had another problem earlier where I provided all the system information. Victor helped me. Can you look here and see system info?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/unable-to-export-ticket-attendee-data/#post-1338059

ccwbra
    Participant

This reply is private.

ccwbra
    Participant

Also, I activated a default theme and still did not see attendees. Any ideas?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your system info! I don’t see anything obvious there that would be causing this problem.

Could you please send me a screenshot of the ticket edit screen for one of the events where the attendees are not showing? Just to make sure, are you checking the “Display attendees list” option on each event that you would like to display attendees for?

ccwbra
    Participant

Hi, I checked “display attendees” and it’s working now. I need to get members to create Gravatar accounts to show images. However, is there any way to make it more clear who they are, like you mouse over and see their names?

National’s 2017

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m glad to hear it’s working! You could add the attendee name below the avatar with a quick customization…Using these instructions, you would need to copy the attendee-list template (found at wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/attendees-list.php) into your child theme. Then, you can replace the code in the copied template with the code in this post. It would require further customization to only display the names on hover, but you could do it by adding in some JavaScript.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

ccwbra
    Participant

Hi Jennifer, I followed these steps but the attendee names are not showing. Can you see here? There’s a gravatar but no name…. http://ccwbra.com/event/union-lake-regatta-2/

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry that didn’t work for you…Could you please send me a copy of your attendees-list.php template? I’ll test it out on my end and see if I can find any issues there.

Thanks!

Jennifer

ccwbra
    Participant

<?php
    /**
    * Renders the attendee list for an event
    * @version 4.1
    */
    ?>
    <div class=’tribe-attendees-list-container’>

<?php esc_html_e( ‘Who\’s Attending’, ‘event-tickets-plus’ ) ?>

<?php echo esc_html( sprintf( _n( ‘One person is attending %2$s’, ‘%d people are attending %s’, $attendees_total, ‘event-tickets-plus’ ), $attendees_total, get_the_title( $event->ID ) ) ); ?>

<ul class=’tribe-attendees-list’>

<?php
    /* Add more information to the attendee output */
    global $post;
    $attendees = Tribe__Tickets__Tickets::get_event_attendees( $post->ID );
    foreach ( $attendees as $key => $attendee ) {
    if ( isset( $attendees_list[$attendee[‘attendee_id’]] ) ) {
    $attendees_list[$attendee[‘attendee_id’]] .= ‘<span>’ . $attendee[‘purchaser_name’] . ‘</span>’;
    }
    }
    foreach ( $attendees_list as $attendee_id => $avatar_html ) { ?>
    <li class=’tribe-attendees-list-item’><?php echo $avatar_html; ?>
    <?php } ?>

</div>

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for sending the code! I did some testing, and your code is working on my end – the names were displaying under the avatars. Can you verify that you copied the template over to wp-content/themes/your-theme/tribe-events/attendees-list.php? Note that you will need to create the ‘tribe-events’ folder and then add the attendees-list.php template file to that folder. Then, you can paste in the code from this post (replacing the code that is already in the file).

Let me know if that helps!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendees Not Showing on Events Page’ is closed to new replies.