Unable to Export Ticket Attendee Data

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Unable to Export Ticket Attendee Data

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ccwbra
    Participant

Hi, for some reason I don’t have the option to export ticket data I’ve gathered from ticket sales. There’s no export options on the Orders section. I also asked attendees for extra information, and that’s not available either. As you can see in screenshot, there’s no option to export data (like it shows in the knowledgebase) and when you click the order number it does not show that data either.

Can you help me fix this?

ccwbra
    Participant

Also, on the Attendees page it shows “no tickets” even though I’ve sold tickets. This is where I would need to export data, I’m assuming. Where is the data and ticket info?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin!

Thanks for getting in touch.

I’m sorry you are experiencing that issue. Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

Like you say, the Export button is only available to export the attendees and not the orders, but it seems there are no attendees showing in the list.

Just to confirm, what happens if you click the Export, Email or Print buttons? are you able to get the attendee list by clicking any of those buttons?

Also, Could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory. After that, try navigating a few times into the attendees page where you are having the issue, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us to see if we can spot the problem from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

ccwbra
    Participant

Hi, when I click export it downloads an empty excel file. I clicked “debug mode” in the settings. Can you check and see why it’s happening?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by ccwbra.
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin!

Thanks for following up with this.

Sorry for not being more specific. It seems I missed to send you the related links for the debug file. I meant to point you to how to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG.

You’ll have to edit your wp-config.php file and add the following lines below $table_prefix = ‘wp_’;

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Then, you should navigate to the attendees table a few times, so that in case there’s an error it will be logged in the debug.log file located at /wp-content directory. Please share that file with us.

Thanks,
    Victor

ccwbra
    Participant

Hi, okay, I did not have $table_prefix = ‘wp_’; in my wp-config.php file but I have $table_prefix = ‘wp_’;

I added those two lines below it and went back to Attendees a few times. Can you check now?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin!

Thanks for going through those steps.

We don’t have access to the debug.log file. You should be able to access the debug.log file inside the wp-content folder of your WordPress installation. Please, send us a copy of that file in a private reply.

As a note, you won’t be able to upload the debug.log file in the post, so you could compress it in a zip file, or just copy and paste the content in the post.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
    Victor

ccwbra
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by ccwbra.
    Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

ccwbra
    Participant

Hi there is no debug file in wp-content (just the contents you see here in attachment). Can you take other steps? Thank you.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for letting me know about that.

It seems that the attendee records are not being generated somehow.

Having a closer inspection at your system information I noticed you are using an older version of Event Tickets Plus 4.4.6 which might be causing the ticket orders to not generate the attendee records.

Please update to the latest version of our plugins and then create an event with a ticket in it for testing purposes, so you can make a test purchase and see if the attendee record is generated.

If that still does not solve the issue, then it could be a plugin or theme conflict, so the next step would be to test for conflicts and see if you can find anything in the process.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Victor

ccwbra
    Participant

Hi Victor. I appear to have latest version. Please see attached screenshot. It is showing 4.4.6 as latest version and does not give me option to update. Can you tell me how to get/update to latest version?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

Sometimes, automatic updates won’t show in the plugins list for a couple of reasons.

Try going to your wp-admin > Dashboard > Updates and click the Check Again button. This will force to check for plugin, themes, translations and WordPress core updates. After that, see if the update shows for you.

If the update still doesn’t show, you can always make a manual update by logging into your account and then go to the Downloads page.

We always recommend that you make a full backup of your site (both database and files) before making an update, just in case something goes wrong and you can always revert back to where you were.

Another thing we encourage is to set up a staging/dev site where you can test all your theme, plugin and WordPress core updates and other big changes in your site before making them in the live site. This will ensure you don’t disrupt the live site if you encounter problems.

I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes and if you have other questions.

Best,
    Victor

ccwbra
    Participant

If I delete the current Events Tickets Plus plug-in to install new version, it will delete all the data we’ve gathered for this event, correct?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

No, all the events and its data are stored in the database, so deleting a plugin will only remove its files.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to Export Ticket Attendee Data’ is closed to new replies.