Aggregator not importing images from Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator not importing images from Facebook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Hi team – I have mentioned this on another post but was asked to make a new thread so I am doing so!

Since the last update Aggregator has stopped importing images. I am only bringing in Facebook events at this stage so I don’t know if it affects other sources as well, but definitely Facebook has stopped working correctly.

This is a BIG problem for me – every day I have anywhere from 5 – 15 events to pull in, and it is costing me a lot of time find the events, copy the image, manually import etc.

Looking through the threads, this has happened before and was identified as a bug.

Really would appreciate some feedback on this asap!

Thanks team.

George
    Participant

Paul, I’m very sorry about this issue and for the extra time it is costing you. This is a known bug that our developers are working hard on fixing.

I don’t have a specific estimate for when a bug fix will arrive, but it should hopefully not be more than a week or two of waiting time.

I have marked this thread “Pending Fix” and can assure you I will keep it updated with news about the bug fix.

For now, there is unfortunately no known workaround. 🙁

Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with!

Sincerely,
    George

Cody
    Participant

Same boat, as with others. Scheduled imports are also not working .. I’m giving it till this next update, but these are two huge bugs and the sole reasons I went with this plugin .. Have 3 sites relying on it to work that I have to manually push imports through for on almost 100 FB organizers.

Unfortunately we’re stuck paying, while we don’t get the functionality we paid for. Are you guys offering any concessions for those paying for imports they are not getting?

George
    Participant

Hi Cody,

Thanks for adding your voice to this thread—this thread will be updated with news about the bug fix, so it’s one of the best ways to stay up-to-date with the bug fix news.

At this time, all imports should be working fine except for the featured image.

Is this not the case for you? Do your imports fail outright?

— George

Cody
    Participant

Hi George, my scheduled imports will not run and they show an error message and an “unkown” last import date. It was detailed in this support thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/error-importing/

If I manually run the scheduled imports for each one it will import the events, but it won’t run imports automatically as it should.

Thanks
    Cody

Mollean
    Participant

I’m also having both issues that Cody described. No feature image importing at all, plus scheduled imports do not import automatically. I have to go in and manually hit “run import” on each one every day, then go find the image on facebook and download it so that i can add it to my event. Very time consuming. Would appreciate a quick fix on both issues. Thanks!

Christoph
    Participant

I’m also having both issues that Cody described.
    For months the plugin does not work properly.After each update there are new issues.
    I have paid for it and expect a corresponding performance

Derek Pennycook
    Participant

I am experiencing the exact same issues

I have disabled every plugin apart from your plugins – activated 2014 theme and it all fails (left and tested over 24 hours)

Barbara
    Participant

Just purchased the plugin. Ok so the images are not working, didnt try the schedule yet, but if those 2 things are not working, well, I will be forced to request a refund since the only purpose is to import things right? 🙂

Sally
    Participant

Hi – I am adding my issues on this subject to this thread as my own Support Ticket hasn’t yet been answered. The issues I have reported and still need assistance with are:

1. The filter facility has disappeared in my admin panel
    2. Photo and Map options have disappeared from my Event Display settings (see attached)
    3. Featured images do not import with a Facebook event
    4. Google Maps link does not import with Facebook events (I have this option clicked in Settings)
    5. Failed import on the Scheduled imports tab. It says ‘failed for unknown reason’
    6. The Event List widget is no longer displaying – page displays this instead: [tribe_events_list limit=”5″][/tribe_events_list]

I fully appreciate that your team will be very busy attempting to fix this. I do feel similar to other posters, that we are paying for a product that isn’t performing as it should and it is requiring many hours of additional labour to correct at our end.

Hope you can help.

George
    Participant

Hi folks,

For everyone here who is reporting failed scheduled imports, can you confirm if these failures are only with scheduled Facebook imports?

Or if you set up scheduled imports of other types, like iCal or Meetup, do you get the same type of failures?

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation here!

If you would like to request a refund in the meantime, please feel free to do so using this form: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

Sincerely,
    George

Stephen
    Participant

It is not just with scheduled Facebook imports. I am not getting pictures imported at all, whatever kind of import I try. I have had to go in and manually upload pictures which is eternally irritating.

Please fix this soon!
    Stephen

Barbara
    Participant

Also here, scheduled or not, facebook images just dont exist. And no errors in the import log. Schedule is hit and miss, sometimes works sometimes it doesnt. That is not so big issues for me, but images are a big issue.

George
    Participant

Hey folks,

The Facebook images will not import regardless of the type of import.

To be clear, I am talking about / curious about the claim @Mollean makes where scheduled imports do not run.

If you find that scheduled imports do not run for you—not just “images aren’t imported”, but literally “scheduled imports don’t ever run”—can you confirm if these failures are only with scheduled Facebook imports?

Or if you set up scheduled imports of other types, like iCal or Meetup, do you get the same type of failures?

Thanks for anyone weighing in on this!

Sincerely,
    George

George
    Participant

And @Sally, to be clear I am indeed still working with you in your other thread and just posted a reply this morning: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-rsvp-facility-creating-customer-complaints-please-help-o

Your patience over the weekend is appreciated and I’m sorry about the timing of your issue right before the weekend when we were out!

Please do stay involved in your original thread linked above—I hope to continue to work with you there and work on resolving your issues. 😀

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator not importing images from Facebook’ is closed to new replies.