Aggregator not importing images from Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator not importing images from Facebook

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

Hey folks,

Sorry to post again, but just wanted to confirm that we’ve actually identified the issue with scheduled Facebook imports sometimes not working, and our developers have been working hard on a fix for it.

That bug, along with the featured images bug, should both have fixes arriving this week or next week if all goes to plan in terms of the final steps of development and testing for the release.

Stay tuned to this thread—and thank you all for your patience! 😀

Sincerely,
    George

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share the news that we released a Maintenance Release today that should include improved handling of these imports.

You should be able to see this update in your wp-admin Updates page. You can learn more about the release here: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-2-event-tickets-4-4-2-premium-add-ons/

Cheers!
    George

Cody
    Participant

Hi George, I installed he new update and manually ran a few imports and it’s still not importing the FB event image. Disappointing.

I am holding my breathe that the scheduled imports will start working, but I have to wait till tomorrow to see if that actually happens.

Overall I don’t have the time to be manually adding the FB images to 50+ events everyday and getting pretty s frustrated. Seems like we’re losing more functionality than we’re gaining on each update.

Barbara
    Participant

I can confirm.updated to latest version, still no images import….

Stuart
    Participant

Also same issues here after the latest update.

I’ve done manual imports on all scheduled imports now and seeing no Featured Images. I’m only using Facebook imports. I will set a couple to Hourly ready for the next update.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Stuart.
    Paul
    Participant

Yeah – a bit disappointing that the latest update didn’t fix the featured image bug – I don’t understand how this has happened – I can see posts from last year where the same thing happened and it was fixed – now its crawled back into the system again!

I didn’t notice that my scheduled imports weren’t working properly either, thanks for pointing that out everyone else!

Its Friday here – 3 hours to knock off – just spent 2 hours manually bringing in images. I am really hoping that when I get back on Monday its fixed up guys – this is a real killer!

George
    Participant

Folks, I’m sorry for not being clear: The issue with the images not importing is still being worked on.

What this Maintenance Release addresses for now is the issue other folks in this thread were reporting with failed scheduled imports.

I will post again—more clearly—when the images-related issue is fixed.

Sincerely,
    George

Stuart
    Participant

Thanks George 🙂

George
    Participant

Thank you all for your continued patience with this.

— George

jskk123
    Participant

I’m having this issue too. I have asked the following question elsewhere and have not received an answer:

WHERE CAN WE DOWNLOAD an old version of this plugin that actually works?

Super frustrating as this is not the first time this plugin has had the “not importing images” issue.
    As of 2/10/17 On your “known issues page” it doesn’t even say this issue is “in progress” yet.

Paul
    Participant

Hi Tribe team. Any news on this? I have a backlog of events I need to post and all seems to have gone quiet on this issue?

@jskk123
    asked if there was an earlier version of the plugin a few days ago and there has been no response?

This is a pretty big deal folks – I am surprised there has been no communication for days about it?

steph
    Participant

I am not 100% sure, but i think i have the same issues.

The image import, is not consistent. I see the images being imported to my media gallery, but they don’t get attached to the event. But let’s leave that out, as you seem to be working on that already

Some of my scheduled facebook imports don’t get imported. I have set it so that any changes in the original source overwrite my calendar, and original import seems to work. But new scheduled imports don’t seem to be reliable.. Sometimes they’ll work and some events get ignored. I posted this a month ago and after some discussion i guessed there was a problem with my site..
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/widget-image-size/#dl_post-1222005
    But now, after reading this, it sounds like i’m having the same issues.

if it has any relevance, i used to have the original facebook import, and changed over to event agregator.
    Do you have any estimate on when this will work?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by steph. Reason: added link to original post about same issue on january 22
    George
    Participant

Hey folks,

As promised any news about the state of this issue will be posted here for all to read! 😀

There has not been a post here, and so there has been no news worth posting about.

In other words, the bug fix is still in progress.

We just released a Maintenance Release, version 4.4.2, that included a number of fixes. This image-related bug was not included in that release.

However, we are working hard on the next Maintenance Release, version 4.4.3, and are hoping to include a fix for the image-related bug here with that release.

I don’t have a specific ETA for that release yet, but it could come as early as Monday/Tuesday next week.

I am sincerely sorry for the trouble.

If you have issues/questions that relate to things other than the Facebook image import bug reported in this thread, please open a new and separate thread of your own.

Thanks,
    George

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should restore the Event Aggregator that lets Facebook event images get imported as “Featured Images” into WordPress.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-3-event-tickets-4-3-3-premium-plugins/

I hope this update helps!

Cheers,
    George

Paul
    Participant

Thank you @George – I can confirm that the featured images are once again coming through from Facebook, and the scheduled imports all seem to be working now 🙂

Thanks you team at Tribe and sorry for getting a bit grumpy – we’re right in the thick of ‘events season’ here so the timing was unfortunate; but, as said, it is working now for me so all is well again!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator not importing images from Facebook’ is closed to new replies.