Error importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Error importing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Cody
    Participant

Hi there,

I am using event aggregator and when I check the scheduled imports, I am seeing a red exclamation point warning next to most of the scheduled imports!

I thought this might be because I had them importing hourly and it was eating up my daily scheduled downloads, however after changing all my events to daily scheduled imports, the warning is still showing up beside most of them.

Thanks
    Cody

Hunter

Hey Cody,

Welcome back to the premium plugin forums and I hope your New Year is off to a great start! Sorry to see you’re experiencing troubles. We don’t have any logged bugs of users reporting similar behaviors and I haven’t had any issues with scheduled imports from Facebook as of late.

What I would do is install a plugin like WP Crontrol so you can get a better idea of what’s going on with the failed scheduled imports. I would also set up a fresh test WordPress website with just the default WordPress theme and The Events Calendar installed and activated. This Knowledgebase article on Using One License for Live and Dev Sites might come in handy.

Once you’ve done that, set up your scheduled imports from Facebook and reply back with what you learn. If you experience the same behavior on your test site, please include the System Information of your testing site as a private reply.

Keep me updated and have a great evening. Cheers!

Cody
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

Still having issues .. Still getting “import failed” on all of my scheduled imports on Vancouverlive.ca .. Tried a new install but same issue … Having it on my Sunshinecoastevents.ca site as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Cody

Hunter

Hey Cody,

Are the imports failing 100% of time time? The scheduled imports are triggered once wp_cron. What triggers wp_cron is a visit to your site, so there’s the possibility the imports initially failed, but the plugin is currently designed to automatically reschedule the failed imports. It might be best to set up a custom cron job to ensure the scheduled imports get ran. Please check out the following tutorials for more information.

At this time, I’m not having any issues with scheduled imports. We are working to improve the “failed import” messages so you have a better idea what’s going on, so stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information. Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

Cody
    Participant

I went through and manually ran the import on all the scheduled imports, I am still getting an exclamation symbol, but its now giving me the last import time, rather than “unknown” .. Could it be that if the system runs and import, and finds no new events or updates, that is shows the exclamation symbol rather than the check mark?

Hunter

Please set up an import the way you’ve been doing thus far and provide a screenshot of the Events > Import screen. See screenshot below for example. I’ll also need the links you’re attempting to import events from and a screenshot of your Events > Settings > Imports screen. Once I have this information, I can test to see if I experience the same results.

Thanks and have a good evening 🙂

Cody
    Participant

I’ve attached the screen shot .. I have about 45 different facebook pages that I’m importing from. I’ve also imported a screen shot of the Scheduled import screens showing the error symbol.

Hunter

Before I can begin, I’ll need a screenshot of your Events > Settings > Imports screen. Thanks 🙂

Cody
    Participant

Here is the Events>Settings>Import I’ve included and the Global facebook imports portions. I am only importing from Facebook at this time.

Thanks
    Cody

Hunter

Hey Cody,

I’ve located I bug I feel is related to the failed imports you’re currently experiencing, so I’ve gone ahead and added this forum thread to the ticket which helps expedite the process of getting a fix included in an upcoming release. I don’t have a precise date when it will be available, but please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information.

Just so I can be sure, please send over ~10 links to Facebook pages you’ve been experiencing the failed scheduled imports on so I can attempt to reproduce the behavior.

Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

Cody
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cody
    Participant
    George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share the news that we released a Maintenance Release today that should include improved handling of these imports.

You should be able to see this update in your wp-admin Updates page. You can learn more about the release here: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-2-event-tickets-4-4-2-premium-add-ons/

Cheers!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Error importing’ is closed to new replies.