500 Internal Server Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 500 Internal Server Error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    bobgair
    Participant

Hi,

After the most recent update when I try to log on to the admin side of the site it’s giving me:
    Error 500 – Internal server error
    An internal server error has occured!
    Please try again later.

It started that just the calendar wasn’t working, and it has been working perfectly for a couple of years. Then when I tried to update the plugin I got the server error. I’m asking the system admin for the error log but I haven’t received it yet.
    Some help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Geoff

Hello Bob,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the trouble here!

Do you happen to be running The Events Calendar 3.10.1? If so, are you running The Events Calendar PRO 3.10.1 as well, or is it a different version? Definitely make sure both plugins are running the same version, as that could be causing the issue here.

Once you’ve confirmed that the version numbers are the same, please try the suggestions here. They’re still good to test for 500 errors, even though the article is geared toward 404 errors.Β It may not help, but it is good to rule this out.

I see that you tried the following:

Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you notice any difference in those conditions? How about if you switch to a default WordPress theme (Twenty Fifteen is a good test)Β and deactivate all other plugins at the same time? Do you notice a difference then?

Lastly, do you have any custom coding for The Events Calendar or any coding that changes permalinks or flushes them?

Let’s start there and see what we find. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

Hi Geoff, thanks for quick reply

Seems the problem has evolved. If you go to the calendar page on the site you get a 404 now. Both plugins are the 3.10.1 version. I’m also using The Events Calendar Category Colors v 4.3.3. Tried deactivating it but nothing.

When I deactivate everything but the Calendar plugins I still get the 404. When I use the Twenty Fifteen theme it’s still “Page can’t be found”.

There is no custom coding for the calendar.

Tried pasting in the suggested code in the functions file to no avail.

When I go to Default permalinks the page doesn’t show at all, just a 404 message. When I change permalinks to post name the page/theme shows but no calendar.

Geoff

Hi Bob, thanks for following up! Sorry this issue is still cropping up.

One other possibility is that perhaps one or both plugins didn’t fully install during the updates. Will you please try following these steps to re-install both The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO manually?

You can grab a fresh copy of The Events Calendar here on WordPress.org and one for The Events Calendar PRO here on this site by logging in and heading to My Account > Downloads.

Then, ultimately, I think we should try our standard troubleshooting steps just to rule out any possible conflicts. I know you’ve already tried a couple of these steps, but it wold be great if you could try going through this guide step-by-step if the issue is still happening after re-install so we can cover our bases. πŸ™‚

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I’ve now tried all those solutions, no results. Deleted plugins and reinstalled fresh ones and other suggestions including the forum. Keeps coming up 404. I’m waiting to hear back from the system admin about an error log. The plugin was working until a few days ago so I don’t think it’s the server but what do I know?

Geoff

Sorry for the trouble, Bob!

Does it help to downgrade the calendar plugins back to the previous version they were at before the issue popped up? If they were working before and stopped after the update, we can at least get things back to how they were.

If the issue is still there even after the downgrade, then that would make me wonder if there wasn’t some other update on the site or server that triggered the issue. Let’s try downgrading first and see what we find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

Yes, lets try the downgrade. Can you send me the files or provide a link?

Thanks

Geoff

Sure thing! You can grab the previous version of The Events Calendar here on WordPress.org. And you can find PRO by logging into this site here and heading to My Account > Downloads. Just make sure to grab the same version number for both plugins so everything works well together. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

That link takes me to the wordpress site for the calendar but I can’t see an option to download a previous version. Just says download 3.10.1. Just my inexperience I’m sure

Geoff

No worries! Scroll down the page a bit and you’ll see a heading for “Other Versions” with links to past releases. πŸ™‚

bobgair
    Participant

The link takes me to WordPress.com, and then I search for The Events Calendar. There is no heading like that on that page

bobgair
    Participant

Never mind I was linking from the email. Got it!

bobgair
    Participant

Hi, I went back to version 3.6.1 on both, cleared cache, but still getting 404.

Geoff

Hmm, was that the last version of the plugins you were using prior to updating?

I’m starting to wonder if the issue here isn’t more the 500 error than the 404. 500 error messages are typically the result of the not enough memory being allocated to PHP by the server.

Let’s confirm which version of the plugins you should be on first, then we can continue troubleshooting from there. πŸ™‚

Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

I’m really not sure what version it was before I updated. It would be fairly recent version, 2014 at least.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.