500 Internal Server Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 500 Internal Server Error

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    bobgair
    Participant

I was in contact with the sys admin and he had a look at the error logs and they are not generating any errors. Might be a resources thing? Funny it just happened after the update though. Does it require more resources?

Geoff

That could very well be the issue! You might try allocating more memory to PHP, but may need to consult the web host to see if there’s an alternative way to make it happen.

Keep me posted and we can keep troubleshooting from there. 🙂

Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by bobgair.
    Geoff

Thanks for following up, Bob!

Are we only talking about a 404 issue now, or is the 500 error still something we need to tackle? Just want to make sure I’m looking at the correct issue. 🙂

Thanks,
    Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

I started as a 500 but seems to have evolved into a 404 error. If I try to access it now it gives me a 404. I guess we should focus on that.

Geoff

Cool, let’s do that. Earlier in the thread, I provided a link here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/troubleshooting-404-errors/

Did you follow all of the suggestions outlined there? Just making sure because I’ve found that most 404-related issues are covered in there. If the issue continues from there, then we can do some deeper troubleshooting.

Thanks!
    Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

Yes, if you look further back in the thread you’ll see I tried those solutions. I wasn’t able to fix the problem.

Geoff

Hi Bob! Thanks for confirming that for me–just wanted to cover all our bases there before moving on. 🙂

Quick question: are you able to view any of the events you publish? If so, would it be possible to link me to it so I can see it?

Will you also please send me your system info for the calendar? You can gind this in the Events > Settings > Help tab and paste it here as a private reply.

Thanks!
    Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

bobgair
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This helps, thanks Bob!

Do you have The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO both activated in your Plugins screen? I see PRO in your system information, but not The Events Calendar itself.

Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

Yes, they are both activated. I also just updated them both to 3.11.1 to check but still 404

Geoff

Thanks Bob! I appreciate you updating the plugins and making sure everything is activated. That’s super helpful.

Do you happen to have any other pages or posts in your admin called “Calendar” or that use the /calendar slug? I want to make sure nothing else is conflicting with the page the plugin automatically creates.

Thanks,
    Geoff

bobgair
    Participant

Just a top menu item called Calendar & Events that is a null item so no URL.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.