500 Internal Server Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 500 Internal Server Error

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    bobgair
    Participant

But nothing that is /calendar

Geoff

OK, one more question: are you using the Default Events Template in Events > Settings > Display? If not, try switching to it and see if that makes a difference.

bobgair
    Participant

Yes, using the default events template

Barry

Hi Bob,

Wow – it’s certainly been problematic tracking the source of this one down! Geoff asked me to take a quick look just to get a fresh pair of eyes on the problem and I do indeed have some ideas and further questions 🙂

System information

Previously you shared your system information however it looks as if it was cut-off, so I was unable to garner as much information as I would have liked. Was there a copy+paste issue there? If my next suggestions don’t help, can you try and again and copy all of the system information?

Available views

I can access week view, day view and single events: however not everything is as I would expect, there.

You seem to have disabled the event search bar (via the Events → Settings → Display screen) which is fine yet, oddly, there is no view selector (to switch between week, day, month view etc) – which I would normally expect.

• Can you try re-enabling the search bar via that same admin screen?
    • Can you let me know which views are actually enabled via the same screen (normally I could obtain this from your system info, but as above it seems to be missing)?

Theme

I don’t think it relates directly to this specific issue, but I’m concerned that – at least on initial appearances – your theme doesn’t appear to support things like a body_class() call which is often needed for smooth operation.

Now and again we’ve found that this sort of thing can be a sign of various other standard practices being missed, too.

Testing

Are you able to create a test site in a subdirectory and replicate this problem there, using only a default theme and our plugins?

If you give that a try and it works, could you begin adding the same theme and all of the same plugins and see if the problem is triggered at that point? I appreciate you have already done something similar but this approach can sometimes give us a fresh perspective on things.

Thanks!

bobgair
    Participant

Hi Barry,

When you say “I can access week view, day view and single events: however not everything is as I would expect, there.” it sounds like you are seeing the calendar on the web. Is that true or are you talking about the settings in the admin area?

Barry

Hi Bob,

I was able to access those views on the frontend – but I didn’t want to include the actual URL in a public reply since you don’t seem to have referred to it publicly, either.

Also, though we appreciate you sharing your credentials, our current policy is not to log into customers’ admin environments (which is why Geoff was seeking a public URL for one of your single events in a previous reply).

In any case, try going to your.domain/calendar/week/ and you’ll see what I mean (there was no problem clicking through to individual events, either). Would you be able to follow up on my other points, re:

• Your system information
    • Which views are enabled
    • If you can try re-enabling the normal search bar (rather than the “classic header”)
    • If you can create and replicate the issue in a clean testing environment

Thanks!

bobgair
    Participant

Here is a shot of the system info

system info

bobgair
    Participant

Barry, I turned on the various views (list, week) and turned the event search bar back on and BOOM it was back.

Thanks much!

Barry

Hi Bob,

Thanks for offering up the system information – though it would actually be much easier to digest in text form and I’d also recommend checking the “Set as Private Reply” box when you do so.

Please note that screenshots cannot be uploaded directly to our forums at this time. If you want to share your system information as a screenshot you will need to upload the image either to your own website or to a service like Dropbox and share the URL instead (again, careful copying the text is probably a lot easier and faster!).

So, our apologies for the confusion – but would you be able to try again?

Barry

Hi Bob,

Barry, I turned on the various views (list, week) and turned the event search bar back on and BOOM it was back.

Fantastic!

We must have posted at approximately the same time. If everything is resolved that’s great – there is of course no reason to share the system information at this point 🙂

Glad everything is sorted and I’ll go ahead and close this topic (but do feel free to create new topics as needed if we can help with anything else).

Thanks again!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.