Hey folks! It’s been a couple weeks since we launched our 3.8 updates to the entire plugin suite, and the community’s response so far has been fantastic. But we’ve also had reports of a few somewhat critical bugs that slipped past our QA process — or we just didn’t have time to patch before shipping — and wanted to get those updated. Today, after a few days identifying the main pain points and patching/QAing them, we’ve officially released the updated code. You should see update prompts on the backend of your sites very shortly.
So, what got updated this go around? Good question. All of the following plugins are now updated to 3.8.1:
- The Events Calendar
- Events Calendar PRO
- Community Events
- Facebook Events
- Eventbrite Tickets
The remaining plugins in our suite have not changed version numbers, and will remain on 3.8. A breakdown of what shipped in 3.8.1 can be found below.
The Events Calendar 3.8.1
- Fixed a bug where the wrong date was showing in the title of the page when a date was selected in the tribe bar
- Fixed a bug where previous and next events links were (or were not) showing up when they’re supposed to
- Added mailing list subscription options to the Welcome/Update plugin activation pages
- Fixed a bug causing issues with the display of maps in single event and venue views (thanks to Trevor on the forums for the original report!)
Events Calendar PRO 3.8.1
- Removed some instances where deprecated function notices could show in Events Calendar PRO after updating The Events Calendar to 3.8 (thanks to sfbike on the forums for alerting us of this!)
- Switched all includes to use absolute paths to avoid collisions under certain include path settings
Community Events 3.8.1
- Ensured that categories are saved from community-submitted events under certain settings combinations (thanks to presis on the forums for the report!)
- Removed the dependency on Events Calendar PRO for community default content settings
Facebook Events 3.8.1
- Fix a bug causing events without a specific end time to be imported as all day events (our thanks to Christian Kramer for highlighting this!)
Eventbrite Tickets 3.8.1
- Fixed a bug where the time and timezone of events hosted by Eventbrite could be inadvertently changed (our thanks to Frederick W Chapman for highlighting this!)
Let us know your experience with the 3.8.1 releases and if you encounter any problems. Thanks as always for your continued support!