This updated version of The Events Calendar 5.8.2 features redesigned pages for support and troubleshooting, plus bug fixes for translations.
As always, we recommend updating on a staging site, just to be safe, but it should all be smooth sailing.
New features included in this release:
- We’ve redesigned the Help and Troubleshooting pages, which you can find under Events Settings → Help.
- We changed the label of API Settings tab to “Integrations” and updated helper text.
Bugs that were squashed in this release:
- We now try to ensure that when we do an event search the query post type remains
- The year is correctly displayed in the block editor event single page for events that are occurring in a different year from the current one.
- We fixed an issue where the Event Date Time block timezone dropdown was taking up a lot of space.
- Ensure WPML translated event posts show up on translated venue and organizer pages. (props to @NicoX13)
- Fixed issue of month names not being translatable. This was caused by a missing moment js localization dependency.
- We now test the value of
tribe_events_get_current_month_day()before using it.
- We added a new function to add an “Event Blocks” category to the editor for WP >= 5.8.
Updated language files and strings:
- 2 new strings added
- 251 strings updated
- 1 string fuzzied
- 18 strings obsoleted