Howdy friends! Today’s release of The Events Calendar focuses on fixes for fatal errors caused by plugin updates, improved compatibility between Filter Bar and the new calendar views design, and some improvements for the Event Aggregator service.
This is a minor release that should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.
Here are the detailed changes included in this release:
- Feature – Use a custom name for new Event Aggregator imports.
- Tweak – We have added back missing JSON-LD to single events, which will improve how events are displayed in search engines, like Google.
- Tweak – We minified the Freemius SVG assets to reduce the size of these images.
- Tweak – We have removed the “beta” label from the Other URL source type of import with Event Aggregator. It’s ready for prime time!
- Tweak – We have re-worded the Filter activation settings labels for better so its clearer what those settings do.
- Fix– We have resolved an issue where the Filter activation setting was not automatically selecting an option for users switching to the new views design.
- Fix – We have updated to the latest version of jQuery 3.4.1, which now prevents an issue where clicking on the previous/next links switched the calendar to mobile view.
- Fix – We have resolved an Events List Widget display issue with the Genesis theme.
- Fix – The accent color option in the WordPress Customizer now applies to the Featured Event highlight line in list, day, month, and week views.
- Fix – We resolved a conflict affecting the datepicker size when navigating and have improved datepicker flexibility on small screen sizes.
- Fix – We now respect EA post_status in the settings when an event does not have a defined value, which allows for a changed venue to get updated when re-imported.
- Fix – Changing the scheduled import status with Event Aggregator now saves as expected.
- Fix – We have updated events, venues, and organizers to use dynamic labels, which improve compatibility with those wordings with translations and extensions.
- Fix – We have resolved an issue with the new calendar design that would break URLs when the “Events URL slug” and “Single event URL slug” were the same, depending on their translations.
- Fix – The calendar’s RSS feed will now display events in the same order as list view on a user’s site, honoring the event start date.
- Hook – We have added the filters tribe_events_liveupdate_automatic_label_text and tribe_events_liveupdate_manual_label_text to allow Filter Bar to include itself in those labels.
- Hook – We have added the tribe_views_v2_events_query_controller_active filter to prevent the RSS feed from displaying events out of order.
- Tweak – Added filters: tribe_events_option_convert_live_filters, tribe_events_views_v2_messages_need_events_label_keys
- Tweak – Removed filters: tribe_events_ical_export_text
- Tweak – Changed views: v2/components/events-bar/search/keyword, v2/month/calendar-body/day
- Language – 11 new strings added, 81 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 6 obsoleted