You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi there,

my client has Events Calendar FREE and Event Tickets Pro installed. The map on single event page is not showing – https://www.cestounecestou.sk/event/cestami-necestami-24-skandinavia-a-island/

The JS Console states this:

“You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.”

but we cannot find out what the problem is. Our theme is Zephyr and it has the option to add Google maps API keys, but we did not do that. We only added the API Keys in the settings of your Events calendar.

I tried deactivating all plugins and the map still did not show up – but there was no error in the JS Console.

I also tried changing the theme to a default WP theme (Twenty Fourteen), but that did not help either.

Wordpress and all main plugin are all updated to the most recent version.

Would you be so kind to help us find out what the issue is?

Thanks a lot.

Lubo

Hi Lubomir,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue on your site.  I did not see any console errors when I visited your site, though I also did not see the map, so I assume the issue is still present.

As a next step, try adding one of the snippets outlined in the following forum post:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/google-maps-showing-on-some-events-not-others/

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

I think you didnt see any error messages because my client has probably removed the Google map from the events. I have added it back to this event: https://www.cestounecestou.sk/podujatie/bratislava-cestami-necestami-24/

I have tried both of the codes in your link, but neither worked – and there was still the error message about inserting Google Maps API twice on the same page.

Thank you for your help.

Lubo

Hi Lubo,

Okay, I see the error message now, thank you.  Can you try starting over and creating a new key, using the procedure outlined here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

I have read that page many times and set up the API Keys, as I stated in my first post. If the API key didn’t work, the error message would state: “No API keys found”, not: “There are 2 Google Maps API’s on the same page”.

I have followed the tutorial you linked to once again, but it did not help.

Thank you

Lubo

Hi Lubo,

I’m sorry to hear that didn’t resolve your issue.  As a next troubleshooting step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page.’ is closed to new replies.