WooTickets >> Events Tickets Plus

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets >> Events Tickets Plus

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

Dear TEC Team,

It’s a bit of a long mail, but hopefully you can help me with this due to its critical nature for my website.

I have upgraded all plugins to the latest version on my staging server. I deactivated Wootickets and added ET and ET+, but we bump into many problems, both technical and visual.

After this change/upgrade all the customizations to these plugins are not showing up on the /events and the /event/event_name pages. I will send you a private message with the URLs of the two different versions (live and staging), so you can see the differences. Here are already two screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/kQytX. There are two points:
    * The tickets bar is not working
    * The custom functionality for BuddyPress is gone (it showed which members were going and which not)

Also, I have seen that in Ticket plus video you have removed the actual product page. Now once the user clicks on the “Add to cart” button he will be redirected to the Cart Page. Is there a way to get the product page anyway? I namely have the WooCommerce Product Add-On functionality installed which is essential to my business. I remember that I dealt with this issue before with another developer but that you did provide a solution. Could you please look into this? It is of the utmost importance that customers get the product page so they can answer some questions.

Please note that I didn’t change any file in the plugins folder. All of my customization I have did on proper override method.
    so all of my customization on the “/theme/tribe-events” path.

All of my customisations were done with a proper override method. So all of them are on the /theme/tribe-events path.

Also, I have done customization on the single event page to display the “Book Now” button on the top ánd bottom of the page (to increase conversions). For that I have added this filter:

remove_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’, array( TribeWooTickets::get_instance(), ‘front_end_tickets_form’), 5 );
    add_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content’, array( TribeWooTickets::get_instance(), ‘front_end_tickets_form’) );

Now that Wootickets will soon no longer be available which one I have to use for this?

Also, could you please provide the proper documentation link about the changes and how can I override the Ticket Plus plugins file?

xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing after the upgrade to the Events Tickets Plus.

We will gladly try to assist you to the best of our ability on this topic.

After this change/upgrade all the customizations to these plugins are not showing up on the /events and the /event/event_name pages.

As you might know, we actually do not support template customizations (as the tickets bar and the custom functionality for buddyPress) per se nor can we guarantee that any template customization will work after upgrades. You can see the complete terms here.

I know this is probably frustrating, but it does mean that you are on your own to review your customization, especially after a major upgrade as you just found out.

With that in mind, we still try to point our great customers in the right direction.

Is there a way to get the product page anyway?… Now that Wootickets will soon no longer be available which one I have to use for this?…

To find out what the differences are (there’s just to many to list here) between the wootickets code and the Events tickets plus code, I would start by looking here /plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/

My guess is that you can probably write a custom function to do just that.

I have upgraded all plugins to the latest version on my staging server.

Also, perhaps you sent me the system information for your live server ? Because the plugins versions that I see are not updated. As a first step, could you please <u>provide us with your system information</u> of your Staging server in a private reply ?

As a side note if you are in a rush, you might want to work with one of our recommended customizers.

I wish I had a better answer for you today, but this is the extent at which we can provide support on customizations.

Let me know if you need any clarifications on the points above.

Have a great evening

Geoff B.

xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

This reply is private.

xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

Hi Geoff B,

I have noticed one major issue with my site after activating the ET+ and ET plugins. In WordPress Admin panel all the products URL changed. and the product URL looking like: http://xyz.com/event/event_name instead of http://xyz.com/product/product_name

Can you please suggest how can I redirect the user to product page instead of cart page?

xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

Btw, we understand that Modern Tribe is not responsible for problems with customised sites after changes. Hopefully it will all not be such a big problem, after the above issue has been tackled. We experienced the same one with WooTickets 2 years ago and would like to refer to an earlier support thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/product-page-missing-with-wootickets-problem-with-other-plugin/. Maybe this will help in enforcing a redirect to the product page. Thanks a lot in advance.

Geoff B.

Hello again and thank you so much for your answers and understanding.
    It’s truly appreciated.

With that in mind, I would still like to get you started as previously stated.
    <div class=”even bbp-parent-forum-1033594 bbp-parent-topic-1062889 bbp-reply-position-5 user-id-11172 topic-author post-1063520 type-reply status-publish hentry”>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Can you please suggest how can I redirect the user to product page instead of cart page?

</div>
    </div>
    You might want to try WooCommerce’s documentation on that topic Set a custom add to cart URL to redirect to as starting point.

Hopefully it will all not be such a big problem, after the above issue has been tackled. We experienced the same one with WooTickets 2 years ago

That is also another way to go about it, but you’ll have to tweak the code’s function call.

The post_type_link filter part can still be found in /plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Main.php at line 175.  I have not done extended research or test on this but perhaps TribeWooTickets should be replaced by something else like tribe_wooticket . Either way, looking at this file you should be able to tweak it to your liking.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

One last thing I just forgot.

I would also recommend updating WooCommerce to the latest version while you are at it (on your staging server) since we technically support only the latest version of that as well.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets >> Events Tickets Plus’ is closed to new replies.