Product page missing with Wootickets, problem with other plugin

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Product page missing with Wootickets, problem with other plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

Hello. I work with ECPro + WooCommerce Tickets. I understand that a ticket is basically a product. However, it seems that how this combination of ECPro + WCtickets is skipping the product page step as the tickets are integrated in the events page. In other words, you go immediately to the cart. I know you can’t help me with third party products, but as I’ve also installed Woothemes’ Product-Add-Ons plugin (http://www.woothemes.com/products/product-add-ons/) I can’t seem to capture important customer data anymore. I organize events and daytrips and need to know for instance whether somebody is joining for lunch or at what trainstation s/he is boarding. That type of information (whether paid or for free) was super easy to gather with that plugin. But now the visitor doesn’t see this anymore… Is there a way to deal with this? For instance ,from the event page, would it be possible to first take people to the product page or to integrate the add-on information to the event page? Any help is much appreciated.

Barry

Hi – great question!

You can stop WooCommerce Tickets from hijacking the product URL with a snippet like this one (which you could add to your theme’s functions.php file).

The other part of this is going to be directing visitors from the event page to the product page. To do that, you could override the wootickets/tickets.php template – please see our Themer’s Guide for a basic overview of this process. Here’s a fairly minimal example of what you might change it to.

Does that help at all/give you ideas to take this forward?

xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

I will talk to my technical friend about this. Just one question. If we stop WC Tickets from hijacking the product URL, would inserting the snippet mean that the ticket box on the event page would dissappear? Or would it still be possible to have visitors select the tickets there and then continue to the product page where the add-ons can be selected and where the normal tickets are already indicated (so if you choose 1 ticket on the event page, then there will already be 1 ticket selected on the product page).

Thanks for your help.

Barry

So the first snippet does nothing more than prevent “hijacking” of the product page URL.

The second snippet – really a replacement ticket form template – replaces the ticket form box normally displaying on single event pages and generates a list with links to the relevant product pages in its place.

If you want to take a sort of hybrid approach and keep the normal ticket form, but have users progress to the product page instead of the cart page, then I’m sure that’s possible but we’d really need to leave you to iron out the details of that one.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Product page missing with Wootickets, problem with other plugin’ is closed to new replies.