When I click update on any event my ticket stock goes to "0" on that event.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus When I click update on any event my ticket stock goes to "0" on that event.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Robert Hickling
    Participant

Hi there,
    When I click update on any event (even without changing any content on that event) my ticket stock goes to “0” on that event. Please help. I’m using WooCommerce for checkout and stock for tickets.

Thanks,
    Robert

Geoff B.

Good evening Robert and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the stock resetting to zero upon event updates.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Would you mind sharing a URL (in a private reply) as well as screenshot links of the setting of such a ticket ?

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Robert Hickling
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Robert,

Thank you for answering my questions. I appreciate your patience while we are trying to figure out what is going on.

From the screenshot you sent me of a ticket, I can still see 10 tickets available, so I am pretty sure this specific ticket is not affected by the behaviour you described.

Could I have a screenshot of a ticket who’s stock goes to zero after clicking on “Update” ?

In full disclosure, we greatly improved the way stock is handled for WooCommerce tickets in 4.1.
    To make a long story short, here are a few of the improvements in question:

• We reuse WooCommerce’s exact functions to handle stock, including removing the stock of a ticket when the order is not yet set to “completed”.
    • We now breakdown the remaining stock based on status of the order (pending, completed, etc..)

Which leads me to another test I would like you to try. Once you click on Update and the stock of the ticket goes to zero, would you mind going over to the actual WooCommerce product and telling me what the stock count is on it?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Robert Hickling
    Participant

This reply is private.

Robert Hickling
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Robert,

You are 100% right, the template customization is in need of an update (which explains the odd behaviour).

Just to set expectations, as you might know, the scope of our support is mostly to get our wonderful customers started on the right track to customize their site and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

With that in mind, I would recommend reviewing the function calls in your template customization against our functions archive (as some have changed and others might be deprecated): https://theeventscalendar.com/functions/

Also, you could do a quick test by simply renaming the said file to something like z_tickets.php and see what happens (of course it might not undo what was already done).

While you are on this topic, I am not sure if that override is still necessary to begin with provided our latest updates.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Robert Hickling
    Participant

Hi, Geoff, I contacted my developer and he said his customizations are not affecting the stock, and I see that others are having this problem, as well. I’ve posted on these other threads to find out how this bug gets resolved. Thanks, Robert

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/tickets-reduced-to-zero/#post-1102163
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/version-4-1-2-update-ticket-stock-bug-re-occurrence/#post-1102160

Geoff B.

Good evening Robert,

Thank you for your answer. You are right, checking other similar threads can sometimes be useful, so I encourage you to keep on watching.

However, as a disclaimer, even when the problem looks similar, the cause can often be different.

With that in mind, I still recommend we pursue our efforts to figure out exactly what’s going on in your case. That way you have the most chances of solving the issue as fast as possible.

First of, as good as your developer might be and even if he does not think his customizations have an impact on the latest version of our plugins, they just might be the cause for the issue (it’s certainly worth finding out for sure).

As such could you please go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out. Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

In other words what happens when you deactivate all non-related WordPress plugins (including Visual Composer which I am noticing has not been updated to the latest version) AND by temporarily switching back to a default WordPress theme (such as twenty-fifteen).

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘When I click update on any event my ticket stock goes to "0" on that event.’ is closed to new replies.