Tickets reduced to zero

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets reduced to zero

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

Dear Team,

We recently updated all TEC plugins, but we stumbled upon an issue that came back several times. Suddenly all available tickets for upcoming events were reduced to zero. After adding new tickets to the products this happened again with several events.

Is this a bug that you’re familiar with? It’s of course a major issue since no tickets means no sales (our tickets are 60-100+ euro).

Thanks for your help.

George
    Participant

Hey @Xrossglobalgroup,

I’m really sorry to hear this. I do not find this behavior on my own site, and I noticed that your plugins are at version 4.1 for your Events Calendar add-ons and 4.1.0.1 for The Events Calendar itself….

The current versions for ALL plugins are 4.1.1, so I’m wondering if you can first update to 4.1.1 for The Events Calendar and all of its add-ons on your site.

Once you do this, do these issues persist?

Let me know!

Thank you,
    George

xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear this! Thank you for updating.

I noticed that you have BOTH Event Tickets Plus and Eventbrite Tickets on your site—does the issue of ticket stock being set to zero only happen with one or the other? Both?

Thank you!
    George

Benjamin Hope
    Participant

Hi there, I am having a similar problem of ticket stock resetting to zero after I edit an event.

I have EC, ECP, Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, all at 4.1.1

George
    Participant

Can you post your System Information here in full, as well, @Benmhope? Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thank you,
    George

Benjamin Hope
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thank you @benmhope!

I’m glad to see that all of your products of ours, and WooCommerce itself and such, are all up-to-date. I’m still scratching my head about these issues because I cannot recreate them, though, so I’m wondering if both of you can address the following set of questions?

1. Does the stock get set to zero on the front-end of your site only? Or when you head to the “edit-event” screen for the event in your wp-admin, where you can manage the tickets and add new tickets and such, is the stock here also set to zero?

2. Does this happen to all events? Or does it only seem to be happening to some events?

3. If you create new events with tickets for testing purposes, does this problem happen with any new event you create? If so, then when does the problem emerge: as soon as you “Publish” the event, does the stock get reset to zero?

Thank you!
    George

Benjamin Hope
    Participant

1. Does the stock get set to zero on the front-end of your site only? Or when you head to the “edit-event” screen for the event in your wp-admin, where you can manage the tickets and add new tickets and such, is the stock here also set to zero?

The reset happens upon editing, and then it appears on both the front end and back end as having no stock.

2. Does this happen to all events? Or does it only seem to be happening to some events?

I find that it happens to each event the first time of editing the event, since having updated the plugins. Subsequent edits to not affect the stock.

3. If you create new events with tickets for testing purposes, does this problem happen with any new event you create? If so, then when does the problem emerge: as soon as you “Publish” the event, does the stock get reset to zero?

I havent tried but i can tomorrow.

George
    Participant

Thanks @benmhope—and not to belabor the questioning here, but when you say, “Subsequent edits to not affect the stock,” you mean that if you try editing the stock to be 100, 50, whatever, upon save it just gets reset right back to zero?

Benjamin Hope
    Participant

Sorry no, what I mean is

Since having updated:

The first edit made to an event, changing text etc, zeros out the stock upon clicking the update button.

If I then edit the stock to fix it, and update again, the stock quantity will remain fixed for subsequent edits.

George
    Participant

Interesting—thank you clarifying. I’m glad that there’s a bit of progress here where the stock is at least “fixable” and will remain useful.

I hope this is a good temporary solution while I continue to investigate and such. I’m sorry for the trouble here, and for the fact that I still don’t have the same issues you describe.

Thank you for your patience!
    George

Robert Hickling
    Participant

This reply is private.

Robert Hickling
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Sorry to hear about this, @Robert. I am not making much progress on these issues but we are working on this.

Stay tuned,
    George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets reduced to zero’ is closed to new replies.