want to add introductory text to add event page #2

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events want to add introductory text to add event page #2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne Huebsch
    Participant

I see this has already been addressed in this thread:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/want-to-add-introductory-text-to-add-event-page/
    Everything is working great with the Events Calendar.
    However, like in the above thread we want to put some introductory text on the add events page.
    When adding the code suggested in the above thread in the functions.php file I either get a non functioning submit button on the submit event form, or if I enclose the code in the open/close php brackets as suggested I crash the site.
    Removing the cut and pasted code makes everything work great again.
    Using WP version 3.61
    2012 theme version 1.2, with child theme.
    Events Calendar version 3.0.3
    Events Calendar Pro version 3.0.5
    Community Events version 3.01
    Events Category Colors version 3.03
    Sorry can’t share a URL, the site is in a development space. I could email access info if desired.
    Have not deactivated other plugins yet or reverted to 2011 theme.
    A feature request for the Events Calendar would be a text box to allow for some introductory text. This would be very useful to instruct users what is and is not appropriate to attempt to post.

Casey
    Participant

Wckg – thanks for reaching out! You’re not the only user to report this issue (here & here) and we have a fix coming for this in the next release, which is just days away.

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Wckg,
    This isssue should be resolved in the latest update which we just released. Could you please update your plugins and let me know if this issue is still occurring? Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘want to add introductory text to add event page #2’ is closed to new replies.