Submit Button does nothing

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Submit Button does nothing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Neil Heird
    Participant

Hello. I am having an issue with not being able to submit events via the Community Events plugin / form. I read through this thread – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/submit-button-not-working/

and as of 9/5 there doesn’t seem to be an updated response..? Is this right? I too have modified my funtions.php file in that I reordered the single event display… don’t know if that is creating my problem, but I sure would appreciate your help with this.

my events form is here: https://newtampachamber.org/events/community/add
    thanks in advance for your help.

Casey
    Participant

Neil,
    Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that you’re also having issues. Could you be a little more specific about what code snippet you included in your functions.php file? That will help me to investigate further. Thanks!

Neil Heird
    Participant

Hi Casey. Let me clarify…

in my functions.php file, I added this >>>

/*—-Adds text above Community Events submission form—-*/

add_filter(‘tribe_events_community_form_before_template’, ‘my_custom_text’, 10, 2);

function my_custom_text() {
    echo “The New Tampa chamber of Commerce is proud to support the local community by helping to promote your events. This feature is not limited to NTCC members and we encourage all individuals / organizations to submit your upcoming events.

In order to add your event the the NTCC Event Calendar, simply provide the information requested below.

**Note: in the EVENT CATEGORIES section, please make the following entries:

Select the applicable month for your event
    Select the category that best describes your event. If none accurately represent your event then leave blank
    If you are not a current NTCC member, please select the Community Events category

“;
    }

/*—-End Community Events—-*/

And, I have edited the single-event.php file to reorder the display of event information. I did this by adding child folders inside my theme’s root folder like this: ../theme-name/tribe-events/single-event.php

my issue, which was noted today by someone in the community and unable to submit an event tot he calendar, is that after the form is completed, nothing happens when you click “submit”.

Casey
    Participant

Neil,
    Thanks for responding. Your issue is identical to the previous thread you mentioned. I’m still waiting on our dev team to investigate further, and I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back from them. Thanks for being patient.

Neil Heird
    Participant

Thanks Casey. I appreciate your efforts. Depending on how long this solutions takes, you may want to consider some type of time-based pro-rated subscription benefit since the ability to submit events from the site’s front end is the primary function of this plugin, and with it not working as intended, some might be concerned about the “ticking clock” against the one year subscription… just a thought.

I look forward to your reply / solution. thanks.

Casey
    Participant

Neil,
    As a temporary work-around, you can always take that code out of your functions.php file and the submit button should work with no problems. I will definitely let you know as soon as I know something. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Ok, I just got confirmation from one of our developers that this issue will be resolved in the next version of Community, which should just be days away! Thanks for your patience!

trailheadcreative
    Participant

This reply is private.

Neil Heird
    Participant

Great mews Casey. thanks for the update. Hopefully the update will be available soon!

Casey
    Participant

This issue should now be fixed in the latest version of Community which was just released! Please update and then let me know if you’re still having this issue. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Neil,
    Can you confirm that this issue is resolved after updating?

Neil Heird
    Participant

worked perfectly. thanks!

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Neil,

Oh yaay! I’m covering for Casey while he is traveling. Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. Good luck with your project!

— Julie

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Submit Button does nothing’ is closed to new replies.