Submit Button Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Submit Button Not Working

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bridgett Raffenberg
    Participant

I recently installed both Event Calendar Pro and the Community Add On. I am testing the “submit your own event” page and after I completely fill out the page, the submit button does do anything after clicking on the submit button. I’ve watched the primer and set it up as instructed. I played around with “require log in” and disabling that, user restrictions, etc. and nothing seems to make that button work.

When I disabled all plugins it still didn’t work. When I then switched over to the 2011 theme, it DID work.

I am running a Genesis theme (eleven40pro) with Genesis on its most recent update. If it helps, I do have Gravity Forms on my site and that does need to be upgraded but I haven’t been doing that as I really only use it for my contact form (which is working fine by the way).

Any suggestions?

Bridgett Raffenberg
    Participant

I think my issue is caused by the following code which I had inserted into my functions.php. The code below was copied from these forums as a solution used to add text to the top of the submit event page. I did add my own text after the . Since I removed the code from my functions.php, the form submits. I assume I have somthing off in the code below???

add_filter(‘tribe_events_community_form_before_template’, ‘my_custom_text’, 10, 2);

function my_custom_text() {
    echo “We would love to post your next event. Fill out the form below to submit your event to our calendar staff. Submissions are reviewed prior to posting … so please be patient. Due to limited space we cannot post all events. All submissions require a valid e-mail address.”;
    }

Bridgett Raffenberg
    Participant

Dag – it stripped the html

jebs38
    Participant

Braffenberg,

I’ve got the same issue. I don’t have a resolution for you yet, but I just wanted you to know you are not alone. I will let you know when I find something.

John

jebs38
    Participant

Tribe,

Just so you know, our solution was suggested by Casey on this post: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/alternatives-to-add-event/#post-58558

That solution causes errors and should not be used. I know everyone is away for the weekend, but this needs some attention when you guys get back.

jebs38
    Participant

Braffen,

I just removed the custom text for now. I have no idea what is wrong with the code.

Casey
    Participant

John/Braffenberg,
    I’m seeing the same issue with the Submit button being disabled in my environment. Please stand by while I investigate further. Thanks!

jebs38
    Participant

Thanks Casey.

Can I say that you guys really need to find a better support forum format. I have no way of keeping track of the issues that I am working on and I NEVER get any follow up emails.

John

Casey
    Participant

So sorry John! You should be able to subscribe to forum threads via email. Are you not receiving any emails?

Casey
    Participant

Braffenberg – Sorry for the delay, but it looks like our developer that is tagged to investigate this issue won’t be able to look into it until tomorrow. Please continue to stand by and I’ll let you know as soon as I know more. Thanks for your patience!

Bridgett Raffenberg
    Participant

Thank you, Casey. I removed it for now and it’s working without that text/code insertion. I am able to code so if I can alter the original form, please instruct for that if it’s not possible to work around it.

Casey
    Participant

Braffenberg – as a work around you can perform a template override by copying all of the views from ‘wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views’ to ‘wp-content/themes/YOUR_THEME_DIR/events/community’ and then modifying form.php in that directory.

The filter I gave before should be working, but I’ll let you know when I’ve heard back from our developer about the submit button issue. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Ok, I just got confirmation from one of our developers that this issue will be resolved in the next version of Community, which should just be days away! Thanks for your patience!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Submit Button Not Working’ is closed to new replies.