Alternatives to Add Event?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Alternatives to Add Event?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Oastler
    Participant

I have a development scenario where the website using Community Events will have additional approval steps that have to happen before a potential event could be submitted (as draft). A couple questions that stem from that goal:

1) Is there a way to customize the name and pre-amble above the My Events functionality?
    The closest I found was putting [tribe_community_events] on a page but that will not work with permalinks enabled. I have a scenario that needs a bit more explanation to the user b/c there are

2) Are there any custom fields, taxonomy, etc that must be populated to create a draft event?
    And if so what are their ID’s?
    Prior to purchasing Community Events I have used Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types setup to create front-end entry forms. That may be something which this scenario needs given the pre-event-creation process being used. Some event details captured in that phase would map to fields shown on the add event screen that I’d like to avoid duplication of entry if I can.

Casey
    Participant

Jamie,
    Thanks for reaching out! Regarding your first question, if you’re wanting to add some intro text before the ‘Events List’ you can just add the following code to your theme’s function.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/6143167

I’ll keep looking into the best way to change the title, so stay tuned on that one.

Regarding your second question, could you re-post that over in the EC Pro forum, since it’s not really related to the Community Add-on? Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Jamie,
    In regards to changing the title, just paste this into your theme’s functions.php file and you should be good to go! https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/6143707

Thanks and let me know if you have further questions.

Casey
    Participant

Jamie,
    Were you able to give my suggestions above a try? Just let me know if they worked for you. Thanks!

Jamie Oastler
    Participant

Both were successful yes, thanks.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Unless you disagree, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

We really appreciate your support and please let us know if you need anything else in the future. If you find yourself with a few minutes and would be so kind as to give us a “Works” rating or a positive star voting on the WordPress.org repo (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/the-events-calendar/), or even a shoutout to your followers on Facebook or Twitter, it would mean a lot to us. Thanks again for using the plugin.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Alternatives to Add Event?’ is closed to new replies.