Want to add introductory text to 'add event' page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Want to add introductory text to 'add event' page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    trailheadcreative
    Participant

I would like to be able to add introductory text to the ‘add event’ page. Everything else works great, but would like to do this for client. How can I do it?

trailheadcreative
    Participant

Oh, and I am using WordPress 3.5.2 and Community Events 3.0.1

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for getting in touch, and I’d be glad to help you out with this. Just paste the following code into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/6268946

Give that a shot and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks!

trailheadcreative
    Participant

This is not working for me. My theme is called Corporative. I am getting different error messages depending on where in the file I place it. Or, when I put it on the end, the code became text just below the top ribbon, and appeared on every page.

Casey
    Participant

You’ll need to make sure this code is placed between the PHP tags.

Example:

Give that a try and let me know if that does the trick. Thanks!

trailheadcreative
    Participant

I did that on one of the attempts, but did it last, right before the closing tag. That didn’t work. This time I did it before anything else, right after the opening tag, and it worked.
    Thanks, Casey!
    Curt

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Unless you disagree, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

We really appreciate your support and please let us know if you need anything else in the future. If you find yourself with a few minutes and would be so kind as to give us a “Works” rating or a positive star voting on the WordPress.org repo (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/the-events-calendar/), or even a shoutout to your followers on Facebook or Twitter, it would mean a lot to us. Thanks again for using the plugin.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Want to add introductory text to 'add event' page’ is closed to new replies.