"View all" recurring events list not displaying events in chronological order

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "View all" recurring events list not displaying events in chronological order

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Rhodes
    Participant

Hello,

I found a bug, which appears to have been issued before under https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/view-all-recurring-events-list-not-displaying-events-in-chronological-order/. When we use the listing to view all recurring events, they don’t list in chronological order and are often times randomly mixed up. See this page: http://www.asgarddevelopment.us/staging/mpl/event/graphic-novel-book-club-4/all/ We updated to the latest version of the Event Calendar and it hasn’t seemed to fix things.

Is there a way to fix this? Hook into the query somehow? We would like them to be in chronological order.

Cliff

Hi, Nicholas.

Thanks for linking to that other thread.

In that thread, it states the fix was released as of PRO version 4.4.3

I see your site has PRO 4.4.1

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

Nicholas Rhodes
    Participant

Ok, I had to manually install the updates by downloading them from the My Account of your website and then uploading via FTP. The pro plugin doesn’t show an update is available in the plugins list. Actually, none of the Events Plugins were. Is there something I need to check to make these available for update in our dashboard?

After running those updates, the links still aren’t in the correct order. How do I fix this? See the following:

http://www.asgarddevelopment.us/staging/mpl/event/graphic-novel-book-club-4/all/

http://www.asgarddevelopment.us/staging/mpl/event/babytoddler-storytime/all/

Cliff

Right. If you downloaded fresh copies from your My Account > Downloads, they’d be the latest versions and therefore none of the auto-update notifications would appear at this time.

To get the auto-updates in the future, make sure you have the correct license keys entered at wp-admin > Events > Settings > Licenses tab

Since this didn’t solve the issue you’re experiencing and this isn’t currently a known issue, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

Please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Nicholas Rhodes
    Participant

It’s still occurring and we have the latest updates. Any ideas? We also already turned everything off and tried it that way.

Cliff

Sorry to hear that, Nicholas.

FYI: the latest updates didn’t address this issue, so that would make sense.

Do you have a development/staging site we could see this happening and where it’s in Testing for Conflicts mode and WP_DEBUG enabled?

Nicholas Rhodes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Cliff

Alright, so a developer and I took a good look and somehow, on your site, things seem to be ordered by post_date instead of the Event Start Date post_meta field.

So I think they’ve got enough data now to try again at fixing the issue.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 15th May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-15th-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘"View all" recurring events list not displaying events in chronological order’ is closed to new replies.