user submissions and payment

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions user submissions and payment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ben

Hi, How do I set “The events calendar” to accept front end user listing submissions and how can we set a charge for featured listings?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

To allow users to create events from the front-end, you’ll need the Community Events add-on. There is not currently a way to charge users for submitting or featuring an event, but with Community Tickets, you can charge fees for sales of tickets that users create on their events.

Charging for event submission is a highly-requested feature, and we are currently working on adding this functionality to a future release. I don’t have a timeline at the moment as to when this will be released, but I would recommend casting your vote on the feature request so that you can stay up to date on progress.

However, as a site admin you can edit events that users submit, so if you wanted to charge them from outside of the plugin (with WooCommerce for example), you would then be able to go into the event and set it to “featured” yourself.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take Community Events for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ben

From my understanding of code this mod would take no more than half a day for someone who understands the original coding, I trust that your team does. If this functionality has been requested as a highly-requested feature, why has it not been implemented?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

I definitely understand where you’re coming from, but it is actually a bit more involved than that. There are several factors involved in adding new features. It needs to be scoped, assigned, coded, tested, and scheduled for release. With several other things being worked on simultaneously – bug fixes, other new features, performance improvements, etc. – it can take some time to get additions like this rolled out.

I would still recommend casting your vote for the feature request, as this will help you stay up to date on progress. I’m sorry that I can’t give you a better estimate as to when this will be released, but please stay tuned!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘user submissions and payment’ is closed to new replies.