Updating Button keeps spinning… not new publishing either

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Updating Button keeps spinning… not new publishing either

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Thanks for what you’ve provided so far, Sam – it’s super helpful and is (hopefully) getting us closer to a resolution here. Let’s see what some of these other guys say and I’ll bring that to my devs for review. Have a great weekend man.

Benjamin

Rob.. send you an email

Rob

Thanks Benjamin. Received and responded accordingly. Looks like someone else is having a related issue (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/repeating-events-editing-gives-spinning-circle/) so it definitely seems like there’s something up related to the 3.3.1 install. But as I mentioned to Sam and in my email to you, Benjamin, I’m still not quite sure how to recreate the problem – that is, when I click outside the box, it doesn’t do anything…and the box won’t go away until I click either current events/future events, or the checkbox. Have I missed something? Should we be testing on a specific browser or theme?

Joe

HI Guys I was able to work round my issue of the event calendar not completing an update. It would appear I was being too cautious. Because of the hassle of deleting recurring events I was creating a single event and publishing it to validate all the information was correct. Then I would edit an make the event reoccurring and setting an end date for the end of this year. That when I got the issue.
    The calendar works fine if you simply create the event from scratch and set the appropriate end date and publish it. This would suggest the Create function works fine but the edit / update functions have issues
    I hope this helps
    Joe

Rob

This is great; thanks for sharing Joe. Hopefully the workaround you’ve suggested here can tide people over until we (fingers crossed) have an overall smoother integration process in 2.1.

Stefan
    Participant

ok, I had the exact same Problem. Deactivating all other plugins did not help. Now I have disabled both plugins (events-calendar and events-calendar pro), and deleted the events-calendar pro.

I ‘ve download the events-calendar pro Plugin new and installed this. Then first I enabled the event-calendar, then the pro.

Now appears in the event of a change over a longer period of time a popup window that asks which, if I only want to change an appointment or any future. If I select one then works it. Reason was that this popup window was not shown. I hope I could help you a little;)

Sorry for my bad english 😉

Stefan

Rob

Ah, excellent to hear the new code resolved this for you Stefan. Any of the other users on this thread: you guys willing to give this re-download approach a go? We did apply a hotfix to the calendar a few days back that, while seemingly unrelated, appears to have solved Stefan’s issue so may work for you guys too.

Christina
    Participant

I hit this bug today for the first time. First off, I am the administrator. I’m using latest ECP. I created a new event with a custom occurrence and a specific end date. Then I tried to delete a single instance of the events. I click the “Trash” button from the Events list view. All instances of the events were deleted, not just one. So I undid that. I tried deleted the event instance from the edit page. I now get the never ending spinning icon. So I deleted all of the events and create new instances of the event. Still problems. I’m in a really unstable state now. All sorts of unexpected things are happening.

Christina
    Participant

Ah! So that’s it. It’s waiting for a popup (the “this event or all events” one) that never happens. Please tell me what the fix is. Is there a newer version on your site? According to my dashboard, I have the most recent.

Rob

Hi Christina. Weird that the pop-up isn’t appearing on your end, as I’m unable to recreate that issue on any browser. However at this point the best fix seems to be either that which has been described earlier on in the thread, or by testing out the new 2.1 beta code to see if it does the trick. Feel free to email me (rob at tri.be) if you’re interested in the latter.

Benjamin

Hi Rob,

we have tried all the ideas listed thus far in this forum. We were hopeful that the deleting of the Calendar Pro and reinstall would help, but it is not. As Christina mention the popup to change for all reoccurring events never comes. Oddly the adding of a featured image does not request this popup and the post updates immediately. Hopefully the team can sort out what’s going on.

Rob

Hi Ben. That’s odd; I’m unable to recreate this too. Would you be willing to try our newer, closer-to-2.1 code to see if it changes things at all? Would be happy to send it your way if you want to drop me an email.

Eric

Hi guys, we’ve just experienced another hangup when editing a couple different recurring events. It seems to happen at random, as some would take the edits and others would result in freezing upon update.

What is your advice to get this fixed? I’m seeing some talking of deleting the plugins and reinstalling. I am not opposed to that if it does indeed work. Unfortunately our client’s site is slated to launch by mid-month and I’m considering ditching the plugin altogether and just building out custom post types.

It’d be a shame, but the plugin is currently worthless in our eyes if these events cannot be edited.

Rob

Hi Eric. Thanks for the note. As seems to be indicated by the other comments in the thread here, and by the fact that we’re unable to recreate this locally, this is likely a conflict of some kind. But I have a couple of options you could try. If you want to email me, I can give you the current code (somewhere between 2.0.3 and 2.1) and you can install that to see if it fixes the issue. If not, I’d ask you revert to the 2.0.3 code and send me a set of backend credentials, along with a link to this thread and some instructions to recreate on your site, so I can try to verify this there and document/pass it off to the devs.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Just a note, so I can follow the thread. I am having the same issue as Christina and Ben. The pop-up never comes. I will keep you posted if I notice anything different than already mentioned. I

Thank you,
    Anthony

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating Button keeps spinning… not new publishing either’ is closed to new replies.