Updating Button keeps spinning… not new publishing either

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Updating Button keeps spinning… not new publishing either

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Thanks Anthony. I haven’t heard back from Eric as to whether I can get some backend creds to check this on his site, so the offer extends to any of the rest of you too…please let me know, as that’s the first step to helping track down and squash whatever pesky bug is causing this.

Christina
    Participant

I don’t want to take chances with my live site, but I’m going to try to recreate the situation on my localhost. I’ll keep track of the steps and if I can nail it down I will let you know. In the meantime, Rob, can dev provide a snippet of replacement code that would bypass the popup. I’d like to comment out the existing code temporarily and force it to “update this post only”.

Rob

I’ve had a couple users (Anthony & Eric) email me their creds over the past 24 hours so no need for anybody else to at this point. I’m looking into what could be up on this front today.

Christina: sure, if such code is viable I can definitely have a dev offer that up in the short-term.

Rob

Alright, I was just able to recreate two similar issues in testing on Eric & Anthony’s sites.

For Anthony’s: the core issue that seems to be impacting most people here was present: I logged in, attempted to change a recurring event but upon hitting update, no pop-up appeared and the small “update” circle the publish box just kept spinning.

For Eric’s: the same problem happened, but I did see the popup that allows me to decide between All Future Events or just the current event. However, if I manually “X”d out of that box instead of selecting an option, the update circle did indeed keep spinning.

Let me know if anyone’s experiences differ from these two. Otherwise, Eric and Anthony, please leave those backend creds you emailed to me active for the time being so I can get one of our devs to troubleshoot this directly. Thanks all!

Joey Kudish

Hi all,

I’m the dev who Rob asked to look at the issues here.

Anthony: it appears you are running two separate versions of the free/base plugin and the Pro plugin. It’s very important to always upgrade both plugins and run them at the same version otherwise you will encounter issues like this. Please download the latest Pro plugin (2.0.3) from this site and upload it to your site. Let us know if you continue encountering issues after you do that, but my suspicion is that your issues will get cleared up. Note: you’re not getting a notification in your backend for an update to the pro plugin because you haven’t put in your license key in The Events Calendar settings page. If you do, you should get a notification.

As for Eric’s site; it is correct that currently clicking the X for the popup will not do anything. That’s an implementation error on our part, and we’ve got it logged to fix for our next release. Apologies about that.

If anyone continues to experience issues here, please let us know, but I think for the most part we’ve got this sorted out for now?

Cheers
    Joey

Christina
    Participant

Joey,

I have the same issue as Anthony (no popup ever happens), but I believe I have the most recent versions. I have Pro 2.0.2 and Base 2.0.3. Can you suggest anything for me? Thanks!

Joey Kudish

Hi Christina,

The most recent version for both the free and pro plugin is 2.0.3, we always update both at the same time. Please update your installation of Pro and report back if you’re still experiencing the issue.

Thanks

Christina
    Participant

Ok, this is a stupid question but here goes. I don’t have the upload option from my plugins page. I’ve downloaded the 2.0.3 version of pro. What’s the best way to install it. Should I copy over the old files via FTP or try to upload and add it from the WordPress Add New Plugins ui?

Joey Kudish

Christina, either technique is fine. If you’re going to go through the WP interface, you’ll need to delete the plugin first and then upload it, if you go via FTP, then you’ll need to overwrite the existing events calendar pro foler.

Cheers

Joey Kudish

Typo: Folder 🙂

David
    Participant

Ok, I have some great insight on this (I think). Here’s the steps I used to reproduce this problem (as i am having it as well)

1. Make new event (works fine to publish or save as draft)
    2. Edit event (works great, can save at this point)
    3. Make event recurring (doesn’t matter how long or what amount) AND set the date to stop recurring
    4. Save event (doesn’t matter as draft or published / at this point it still saves fine)
    5. edit event and try to save (this is where i get the spinning icon and no progress / does not ask me if i want to apply to other events).

WordPress version 3.3.1 – Plugin version Latest Stable Release

Joey Kudish

Thanks for the insight David. We’d love to try to reproduce this. Do you think you could send a set of credentials for your wp-admin to rob [at] tri.be and reference this thread in the email. I’ll also try to duplicate this locally to see if I can get any insight from it.

Thanks!

Joey Kudish

For what it’s worth, I just tried your exact steps David and wasn’t able to duplicate the issue. I got a popup like it’s supposed to show and I was able to save just fine.

Again, please send rob your credentials and we’ll try to identify if there’s a conflict or what’s going on.

Thanks!

Joey Kudish

Hey David,

You are running The Events Calendar 2.0.3, which is the newest, but then you are running Events Calendar Pro 2.0.1 (not the newest). As outlined with the previous users on this thread, you’re bound to encounter issues when running out-of-date and not-in-sync free + pro plugin.

The most recent version for both the free and pro plugin is 2.0.3, we always update both at the same time. Please update your installation of Pro and report back if you’re still experiencing the issue, but I am fairly confident you will not.

Anyone else who reads this thread, please make sure you’re running both free + pro 2.0.3 before posting on here.

Thanks!
    Joey

Christina
    Participant

I just upgraded to the 2.0.3 plugin. So everything is in sync. I am now getting the popup, but it is ineffective. or instance, my “corrupt” event is a single event in August. When I try to edit the event and I do get the popup and click “save”. But when I view the event, my file is reverted back to the old one. Ditto for moving it to the trash. I get the popup and select”this event only”. But when i view my calendar the event is still there. This is the same event I was having the spinning problems with before.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating Button keeps spinning… not new publishing either’ is closed to new replies.