Unknown column 'EventStartDate' in 'order clause

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unknown column 'EventStartDate' in 'order clause

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jan
    Participant

Hello!

After uploading of a new version of Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO, we started receiving this error on the Month view (and not on Photo or List view):

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘EventStartDate’ in ‘order clause’]
    SELECT wp_posts.ID FROM wp_posts WHERE 1=1 AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND (wp_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘private’) ORDER BY EventStartDate DESC, wp_posts.post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 1

How can we get rid of it?

Actually, everything is working but the error doesn’t look nice on top of the web.

Hunter

Hey Jan,

Welcome back and thank you for your patience! Is WP_DEBUG set to ‘true’ on your wp-config.php file? Can you send over your System Information as a private reply?

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day. Cheers!

Jan
    Participant

So WP_Debug mode was set to false. After setting it to “true”, this is what I see (see the screenshot).

We did some updates of the events calendar but just by uploading a new version of the plugin to FTP, nothing else.

Jan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hey Jan,

Thank you for the response. Can you please confirm if the issue still occurs after reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide?

Also, are you able to update to the latest versions and test again to see if the issue persists? Let me know and we’ll go from there. Thanks again and have a great Friday. Cheers!

Jan
    Participant

It was working on the original domain name.

Then we move the website to a different domain name and uploaded new versions of the plugin and that’s when the error started showing up.

The plugins have not changed. Also, it is a database error so I am quite sure that such database error has to be internal somehow.

Perhaps we didn’t upgrade the database?

Hunter

Thanks for the response 🙂

I apologize for asking again, but have you tested to see if the issue occurs after reverting back to the default WP theme and deactivating all plugins other than ours as outlined in our Testing for conflicts guide?

The reason we need to do this is to rule out a potential theme and/or plugin conflict. Once we do that, we can take the next step. Let me know in a direct fashion the results seen after running through the Testing for conflicts guide. Thanks again and have an excellent weekend!

Jan
    Participant

I have followed the guide, changed to default theme and deactivated all the other plugins, but the issue persists.

Can’t the issue be due to the fact that I uploaded a new version of the plugin (from 3.x to 4.x) and the database was not updated / upgraded?

Perhaps there were some table changes that were not reflected.

Is there a way to upgrade database?

Hunter

Hey Jan,

You could always try going back and updating to the latest version, but this time do each update manually. It would probably best best to have the default theme active and all plugins other than ours deactivated to make sure things go smoothly.

Let me know if that does the trick and if not, we’ll continue investigating. Have a great Monday 🙂

Jan
    Participant

It works now!

Hunter

Glad to hear you’ve finally got it solved! I’ll close out this thread but feel free to open a new one if anything else comes up. Have a wonderful weekend 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Unknown column 'EventStartDate' in 'order clause’ is closed to new replies.