Tickets available not using woocommerce stock

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets available not using woocommerce stock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Nick Hadsund
    Participant

We are currently selling tickets for an event and have encountered a problem. Our Tickets available is lower than it should on most event times with the remark “The number of Complete ticket sales does not match the number of attendees. Please check the Attendees list and adjust ticket stock in WooCommerce as needed.”

One customer contacted us, to tell us he brought TWO tickets, received them but then received SIX tickets in a new, not-requested mail. In the attendees list, we can see he has been registered with FOUR tickets. His Woocommerce-order says he brought only two.

Changing the ticket stock in woocommerce does not affect ticket available. Changing capacity does but it also changes ticket stock, which means we will not be able to reach the “sold-old” message to our customers, but instead of the “not available”.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m sorry to hear about the issues with selling tickets. I’ll do my best to help you get this sorted.

One customer contacted us…

Does this happen with every ticket, or only occasionally, or did this happen only once?

If this happens with all tickets, then going through our conflict testing guide would be the next step.

ticket sales does not match the number of attendees

Here is an article from our knowledgebase that give you more details on handling ticket sales and cancellations, and managing the stock / capacity in these cases.

Changing the ticket stock in woocommerce does not affect ticket available

That is right.

Ticket stock in WooCommerce and Capacity for the event are strongly connected together.

Eventually the capacity is the one that defines how many tickets (spots) you will be able to sell for an event.

When an order is cancelled or refunded, those tickets will not be added back to the bucket automatically. You need to make a decision how you want to handle those. That is what the article above explains.

we will not be able to reach the “sold-old” message to our customers, but instead of the “not available”.

If that helps, there should be a way to customize that message if needed. So even in the case of “not available” you should be able to show “sold out”.

Andras

Nick Hadsund
    Participant

Thanks for the answer, let me elaborate:

One customer contacted us…

It happens occasionally. Since Saturday, two orders have been identified with more attendees registered than tickets bought.

ticket sales does not match the number of attendees

Thanks for the link, but we have not yet canceled nor refunded any tickets.

We are also asking for T-shirt sizes when customers buy tickets. We have discovered that more than 20 attendees since Saturday don’t have any details logged to them, even though the details must be filled in to buy a ticket. This information wasn’t in the opening of the ticket, as we first have discovered the problem today.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sharing more details with me.

Please give me some time while I do some investigation and testing. I’ll get back to you soon.

Thanks,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for the link, but we have not yet canceled nor refunded any tickets.

In the screenshot you sent me in the first post I can see a number of cancelled tickets. Or is that a different event?

A.

Nick Hadsund
    Participant

No, it is the same event, but we have not canceled any ticket but refunded about ten tickets for the shown event. The source of the high amount of canceled tickets are unknown to us.

Andras
    Keymaster

Above you said:

“but we have not yet canceled nor refunded any tickets.”

And then you said:

“we have not canceled any ticket but refunded about ten tickets for the shown event”

I’m getting a bit confused here. 🙂

Can you send me a full database dump in a private reply?

Also please send me details for one event you are having issues with. I’d be interested in:

• how many tickets were purchased
    • how many were refunded / cancelled
    • were the orders for those deleted
    • how many tickets are showing up as available
    • how many should show up as available
    • and any other detail you think would be important

Thanks,

Andras

Nick Hadsund
    Participant

Sorry for the contradictory information. We are a team working together and a misunderstanding happened. Our last message is true – that we have not cancelled any tickets, but refunded a few. I’ll prepare and send the needed information during the weekend.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying that. 🙂

I’ll be waiting for the extra info.

Cheers,
    Andras

Nick Hadsund
    Participant

Sorry for the wait, something happened during the weekend that made me unavailable to work.

how many tickets were purchased

how many were refunded / cancelled

Those who are handling the refunds don’t have a concrete number, but they say it is less than 8. In the woocommerce orders, I have found 1 refunded ticket for this event.

were the orders for those deleted

I don’t understand the question? We have not deleted any orders after the ticket sale started.

how many tickets are showing up as available

how many should show up as available

and any other detail you think would be important

*Sometimes attendees are registrered twice, while woocommerce registrer the correct amount of tickets to their order.
    *We ask people for T-shirt sizes, but these are not always saved.

Do you want the database as the xml-backup?

Andras
    Keymaster

No worries about the delay. Hope you’re doing OK.

Thanks for the info, I will need some time to investigate a bit.

A database export in .sql, .zip or .gzip would be handy, yes. Thank you!

A.

Nick Hadsund
    Participant

The file size is too big (about 30MiN). Is there another way to share it?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Nick,

Can you upload it to a cloud service like dropbox or similar and share the URL in a private reply?

A.

Nick Hadsund
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets available not using woocommerce stock’ is closed to new replies.