ticket sales trough wordpress site

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions ticket sales trough wordpress site

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Janine Toussaint

Dear,

I have a few questions:
    We are a small non-profit cultural organisation who organize a couple of performances and events per year. some free, some for a small amount of money and a little on commercial base. All together not more than 4000 tickets a year, max.. But I would like to be able to:
    – Sell tickets online connected to events on the website
    – Enable people to pay trough iDEAL,
    – Send people downloadable tickets
    – Scan the tickets of people entering the event and have a live insight in the amount of people that entered.
    – Have a live insight during the selling period who and how many tickets are sold and get their mail address for further sharing of information.
    – Download lists of details of people how bought a tickets.
    – Proofment of payment of transaction
    – Code for reduction tickets

Is this all possible with a combination of , the events calendar, Pronamic iDeal and event tickets plus?

And two other questions:
    – Can I have my events on one part of the domain (www.movingartsproject.nl/waag) and the ticket management trough the other (www,movingartsproject.nl), they are to different wordpress installations.
    – Is the license for the software or the support and the updates?

Greetz Janine,

Cliff

Hi, Janine.

Event Tickets Plus (ET+) is our paid add-on plugin that upgrades the functionality of our free Event Tickets (ET) plugin.

Event Tickets Plus enables you to sell tickets via one of our supported eCommerce platforms. The free plugin only enables free RSVP-type tickets.

You can view our roundup/comparison of all the eCommerce plugins ET+ supports.

Our plugin uses your eCommerce plugin of choice, but your eCommerce plugin isn’t displayed for shopping pages. Please reference our Making Tickets KB article (screenshots are from an install using WooCommerce) for an idea how to create tickets for an event.

Site visitors would purchase tickets from each event’s single page/view (e.g. http://wpshindig.com/event/events-tickets-demo/) — if there is an RSVP to submit or ticket to purchase.

The purchase flow goes like this:

1. visit event page
    2. click to add a ticket to cart
    3. go to cart
    4. complete checkout

Our plugins would handle steps 1 and 2; the eCommerce plugin you choose would handle steps 3 and 4. Therefore, if you have a payment gateway for iDEAL, it can work.

After checkout, we’ll also send an email to the purchaser with their ticket(s).

The order confirmation email will include a QR code that can be scanned to “check in” someone at the door at the time of the event. It could be displayed on their mobile device or they could print it like any other email. You can read more at Tickets: Managing your orders and attendees.

If your tickets will be free, you don’t need QR code check-in, and you don’t need to collect additional information other than name and email address, you likely could just use the free/core Event Tickets plugin.

Each event has its own management screen; there isn’t one “dashboard” for all events’ tickets. However, this plugin may help bridge that gap, and this existing feature request may eventually help in this regard as well.

As far as other things, you could add your own feature requests or even have a developer implement customizations for you on top of our plugins.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘ticket sales trough wordpress site’ is closed to new replies.