Threads that are not resolved should no be closed.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Threads that are not resolved should no be closed.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Douglas
    Participant

George, I am and will not compete with you here intellectually. The mere fact that you are trying prove my opinion and actions wrong, speaks volumes about your product and customer service.

Obviously, the “Updates” I was referring to, we’re not released updates. It was updates to the issue in the thread. Thank you for explaining that this has been a bug for over a year., That then means that you sold me a product that claimed to do something that was in fact broken. Customer is now even more upset. You may want to reconsider your refund comment.

This is not the first time that this has happened to me here.

I was really excited when I found this product. I jumped in with both feet and have participated, even considered the last offer to join the team and help with support.

Closing threads is done when there is a resolution or no one is longer interested in working on or following the issue. All of the threads that I have participated on this subject have been closed yet the issue still exists for a year per your response. It would appear that because it can’t be found and fixed, you are trying to keep it from being an issue for further sales of the product.

Do you really expect your customers to find your bugs? I have shared the ones that I have found, just by turning on the developer console in my browser. Told you functions in specific scripts that were causing the error.. Stuff that should almost never be in a release version of a product. Then again, I have no idea how you QC your product.

Please consider treating me and this issue as a valuable customer, it will get your support and the product much further.

I would respectful request that you ask someone with more vested in this products success to contact me directly.

George
    Participant

@Douglas,

I am not lying to you when I saw that we cannot recreate this bug on our own sites.

Why is this fact relevant?

Well, because despite my attempts at clarifying the issue you have again missed the target, and have gone on a tirade against our development, QA, and support teams.

You are implying, if not outright accusing, that we are willfully ignoring this bug or “putting the work onto the customer”, as evidenced in the following three statements from your last reply:

It would appear that because it can’t be found and fixed, you are trying to keep it from being an issue for further sales of the product.

That then means that you sold me a product that claimed to do something that was in fact broken.

Do you really expect your customers to find your bugs?

You are wrong to imply or accuse us of this.

We are not able to reproduce this bug on your own testing sites, whichever testing sites we are trying.

So I am asking you to change one variable on your website because your website is one of the only sites where this is happening as of now, as far as has been recently reported.

Closing threads does not shut down the conversation. It does the opposite; it continually keeps the conversation on the crest of the wave of our “new” thread counts, which keep the bug alive and prescient.

You seem to not believe me when I say to you that we cannot reproduce this bug. Here is a screenshot of over a year’s worth of discussion in our bug tracker’s ticket for this issue. Please read this if you do not believe my assessment of the bug.

Screeshot of year’s discussion about this bug:

You mention having shared database dumps with us – can you please share a link to the thread where you did this, or confirm if you sent it over email?

— George

Douglas
    Participant

George the only person missing the target is you. I took and installed WordPress, jetpack, theeventcalander, pro, community, filter bar and using the 2016 theme added that list of Facebook page IDS. Turned on auto import every hour to pending.

I can recreate it. I have offered you the test server I created for your use as it used for nothing else but this test. I understand you have a strick policy.

However you can not fix it if you can not recreate it..

So you have instructions to recreate it… Anyone else following this want to try those instruction and verify the issue?

You are not reading correctly. A system or settings dump per your published instructions, is not a database dump.

George
    Participant

Yes, you can recreate it on your sites, which is exactly why I am asking if any behavior changes if you try changing one setting on your site where you can recreate this. (I would try changing the option myself, but we cannot log into user sites).

We cannot recreate this issue, regardless of what instructions or plugin configurations we try.

As for the database dump thing, to clarify – Brian sent you an email on December 15 requesting a database dump; I quoted this email above. This email is requesting a MySQL Database Dump. You did not respond to this email. Have you provided a MySQL dump anywhere else thus far? If so, please link to this place where you have provided a MySQL dump.

Thank you,
    George

Douglas
    Participant

Msql data base dump….asked and answered to you…. Please refer to my response when you first asked this today.

I appear to have you upset, and combative about this now.. I am not going to keepdoingthesame thing over and over again and expect different results.. Perhaps someone else needs to step in and take this issue over.

Douglas
    Participant

Please refer to this reply on another thread and you might begin to understand why I am so frustrated.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/disappointed-with-support-response/#post-1038487

I am absolutely tired of having to jump through your hoops to get support for this issue with no other option.

George
    Participant

Nowhere in that thread are database dumps mentioned.

The only thing in this thread you write about database dumps is as follows:

George, I have not been able to generate a database dump from my server because I do not have the tools to do so. Spent more time thanihad trying.

I have provided system dumps for both my production and the test server that I created to prove it is a vanilla issue

1. You say “I have provided system dumps” – so, to restate the question: where have you posted these MySQL database dumps? Blocks of “System Information” are not MySQL databases. Where have you posted your actual MySQL databases for us to test?

2. On your site, please change the Facebook Importer event status to “Published” instead of “Pending”. Once you do this, does the behavior of your issue change at all?

Douglas
    Participant

I give up.

Douglas
    Participant

System Information. AKA SYSTEM DUMP

The details of your calendar plugin and settings is often needed for you or our staff to help troubleshoot an issue. We may ask you to share this information if you ask for support. If you post in one of our premium forums, please copy and paste this information into the System Information field and it will help us help you faster!

George
    Participant

Hey @Douglas,

So, to be clear, are you saying that you think that a block of “system information” text is the same as a MySQL Database Dump?

Douglas
    Participant

Are you serious? I just told you what it was I am referring to. It’s the screen of data from the help screen of plugin.

This is going from bad to worse.

George
    Participant

@Douglas,

I asked for clarification because I am surprised by the confusion. I did not expect it. You have said this, for example:

I have done technical support, quality control and software development for a living with a Fortune 500 company for years.

I assumed with that experience that you knew that “System Information”, which is just a block of text about some of the configuration details on your site, and “MySQL Database Dump”, which is a Database export, were different things. MySQL is among the top three most-used database systems in the world and so I assumed familiarity with it.

My apologies.

(Furthermore, the word “database” does not appear at all in the “system information” text you quoted in your reply above, nor in our “how to share system information” article here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/)

To be clear, a MySQL Database is a .sql file of your site’s database. We cannot log into customer sites, but by sharing a copy of your literal database with us, we can install that on one of our test sites and basically have a “clone” of your site.

This is what Brian emailed last month about; since databases contain sensitive information, please only share your database dump over email privately.

If you’re not sure how to get a MySQL database dump, please contact your web host and ask them for a SQL export.

In the meantime, what have you found by setting the “Pending” status to “Published” in your Facebook Importer settings? Have you done this step yet?

Thank you,
    George

Douglas
    Participant

Before I go any further with this have you followed my instructions recreate the issue on a vanilla install?

I am not gonna waste my time if you are not willing to try and recreate it as I detailed.. This is not on me if you won’t try with the information I gave you..

George
    Participant

Yes, I have attempted to recreate the issue several times, including on a vanilla WordPress installation.

I have clarified this numerous times, as in the following quote of mine from a few replies ago:

We cannot recreate this issue, regardless of what instructions or plugin configurations we try.

Douglas
    Participant

As I instructed with Facebook page IDS that I Shared? These are Facebook pages to automatically check for events and import them. Not actual Facebook events.

I need to know that you have not given up as well

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Douglas.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘Threads that are not resolved should no be closed.’ is closed to new replies.