The Events page generating 404 errors

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events page generating 404 errors

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bruno
    Participant

Hi,
    After upgrading to the latest versions of Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro, the events page generating 404 errors.
    Single event is ok. I try to regenerate the permalinks, but nothing works.
    Can you help me to find an issue.
    This is the second time I’m having this problem : https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/the-events-pages-all-generating-404-errors/
    Have a look at : https://www.angouleme.fr/evenements/

Regards,
    Bruno

Cliff

Hi, Bruno. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I saw this console error at your 404 page: https://cl.ly/2y213R19090l
    (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

You should definitely resolve that.

To resolve the 404, you might try purging your WP Super Cache or deactivating that plugin.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Bruno
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for sharing your System Information Report.

Did you re-save your Permalinks settings?

Did you disable all but Modern Tribe plugins?

Which theme did you switch to for your testing?

Bruno
    Participant

Hi Cliff, i try all that. With twenty seventeen, With flushing the permalink. I test With only modern tribe plugin.
    Glad to hear you.

Bruno
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    I’m sorry to come back to you, but I really need to restart your plugin as soon as possible.
    I followed all the steps that you indicated to me and nothing makes there (to disable the plugins, to change the template, to regenerate the permalinks …).
    The page of all the events is displayed on a 404 error and with a destructured display.
    With the template Twenty Seventeen, I always have the error 404. The reactualization of the permalinks does not change anything.
    I do not find the error on our side. It’s not the template, it’s not the plugins, so what’s the problem?

Looking forward to your return.

Bruno
    Participant

This reply is private.

Bruno
    Participant

Cliff,
    I find the issue ! Eureka
    I use two modes of displays: photo and map.
    By adding another display mode, “list” for example, and saving my changes, the display returns to normal.

Cliff

Hi, Bruno. Thanks for your efforts here.

I’m very glad to hear this good news, but it does sound a bit odd.

So, just to confirm, you don’t need additional help with this issue at this time, correct?

Bruno
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    It’s ok. I don’t need help. My issue is resolved, strange but resolved.
    Have a nice day.

Cliff

Sounds good 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events page generating 404 errors’ is closed to new replies.