Side/secondary menu missingb from ECP pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Side/secondary menu missingb from ECP pages

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    tobak
    Participant

ECP pages do not display my secondary menu. The main menu is displayed correctly. Other non-ECP pages display the menu correctly.

My own research suggests that this problem could be solved by changing permalinks from default to custom with the value %postname%. Sadly, this did not help. Any suggestions?

Hunter

Hello and welcome back to the forums!

I took a quick look at your site and do see that your non-event pages have a menu on the left side, but they’re missing from your event pages. Strange indeed!

Unfortunately, I can’t be of much help here :-/ Reason being is theme conflicts extend beyond what we’re able to support. If possible, I recommend contacting your theme author to see if they have any insight on the matter.

Our Themer’s Guide and New User Primer are excellent resources for getting the plugin set up properly and looking great. I would also recommend trying different options found under Events > Settings > Display.

Again, I wish I could do more to help. Happy customizing and thank you for choosing PRO. Have a great Wednesday!

tobak
    Participant

Hello.
    The theme is a modified twentyfourteen. Are you saying there are conflicts even with the basic wordpress themes? I have tried every defafult theme, and they all have this problem. Every forum post and help thread I can find on the subject claim that permalinks are the issue. But changing permalink type didn’t help.

Hunter

Thank you for responding 🙂

We do test with the default WP themes, including Twenty Fourteen. Depending on the level of customization done to the theme, it may negate our ability support conflicts with these themes.

Also, would you mind linking to the forum threads you reference in your previous posts? I’d be happy to take a look and see if they can help further assist. As of right now, we don’t have any logged bugs of users reporting similar issues, and I’m able to successfully display content in the left sidebar on the Twenty Fourteen theme on every page, including event-related pages (see screenshot below).

Thanks again and have a good day.

tobak
    Participant
    Hunter

Thank you for sharing those threads with me 🙂

Unfortunately, you’re probably correct in assuming those threads are irrelevant due to the length of time since those threads were opened and closed.

To clarify, does the issue still persist when reverting back the default (no customizations) Twenty Fourteen theme? What about Twenty Fifteen and Twenty Sixteen?

I really wish I could continue investigating the issue but with no logged bug reports and being unable to replicate the issue means it’s more than likely a theme and/or plugin conflict which I’m unable to support. Regardless, report back with your findings and I’d be happy to give you my input.

tobak
    Participant

The problem persists with vanilla 2014 theme. 2015 and 2016 doesn’t cause these issues.

Hunter

Hello 🙂

I hope your weekend was splendid! Can you send over screenshots of what the menu and/or widget section you have on the back end for the side/secondary menu?

Cheers!

tobak
    Participant

ss1

ss2

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by tobak.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by tobak.
    Hunter

Welcome back,

Is there any way you can try and recreate the problem on a subdomain or a local test environment? I’m still having troubles replicating the issue. Also, I took a look at your source code and it appears there are significant changes made to the Twenty Fourteen theme. With that said, we are unable to assist with these types of issues as it relates to custom code which we’re unable to support.

Have you tried different settings under Events > Settings > Display? Let me know if you’re able to test and what the results are. Please do so with the default Twenty Fourteen theme (with no customizations and with only our plugins active).

Thanks again and best of luck narrowing down the source of conflict.
    Cheers!

tobak
    Participant

I’m not sure I want to fiddle around with the settings too much. As you’re probably aware, there is a bug in the current release that causes all kinds of issues with settings, and I’d rather not mess with settings until these bugs are dealt with.

Could you define “heavily modified”? I have added only a minimum of HTML and PHP, it’s mostly done with CSS. Changing to a different theme (and thus a different stylesheet) should remove any issues caused by CSS right?

Hunter

Hello and welcome back 🙂

I understand your hesitation at not wanting to mess with the settings until we can get a fix out for the current issues, so no worries there!

“Heavily modified” can definitely be taken a few directions, but essentially any custom code nullifies our ability to support these types of issues. I wish things were different, but we aren’t able to take on that type of role at this time.

Without having the ability to look the back-end of your site (which we’re also unable to do at this time), there is not much support I can offer here :-/

We do have a list of developers available for hire should you run out of ideas on how to remedy the situation. I wish I had a better answer but again, we’re pretty limited on theme/plugin conflicts. Thanks for understanding and have a good upcoming weekend.

Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Side/secondary menu missingb from ECP pages’ is closed to new replies.