Recurring events for future months are not showing up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events for future months are not showing up

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Participant

Recurring events for future months are not showing up in the calendar. They appear in the current month. Upon refreshing the calendar page for a future moth, the recurring events do appear. (Recurring events also are not appearing in past months unless the page is refreshed, in case that info helps will determining the cause.)

All instances of the recurring event do appear in the admin backend.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Joy,

Thank you for the detailed log and description of what you have tried troubleshooting so far. It is very helpful.

also, troubleshooting i’ve tried:
    changed event description and updated posts. no change.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/future-recurring-events-missing-from-july-2016-to-july-2017/

changed recurring event from weekly to custom. no change.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-in-future-not-showing/

went through troubleshooting guide, https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/.

changing theme didn’t fix it.
    disabling plugins didn’t fix it.
    clearing cache didn’t fix it.

I tried recreating this problem on my test site. I used as many settings froim your server as I could, the day the week starts on, name, time, and lsug of the event, etc. I was unable to reproduce this issue. While looking back through your site to see if I missed any details I noticed the some recurring events, such as the “Women’s Bible Study”, do show up properly on all months. This leads me to suspect that the event itself is corrupted. Would you be up for deleting one of the series of events that is now showing up? If you click “Edit All” in the backend on that series, and then hit trash, it will put it in the trash. From there if you don’t mind emptying your trash it would rule out some possibilities. Now that the event is fully deleted, can you recreate it? After creating it stay on the page for a minute or two while the progress bar at the top fills out and finishs creating all occurrences. Now when you go to month view, does that event show everywhere it should?

Please let me know if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for your thoroughness in troubleshooting so far.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Joy,

Thank you for the detailed log and description of what you have tried troubleshooting so far. It is very helpful.

also, troubleshooting i’ve tried:
    changed event description and updated posts. no change.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/future-recurring-events-missing-from-july-2016-to-july-2017/

changed recurring event from weekly to custom. no change.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-in-future-not-showing/

went through troubleshooting guide, https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/.

changing theme didn’t fix it.
    disabling plugins didn’t fix it.
    clearing cache didn’t fix it.

I tried recreating this problem on my test site. I used as many settings froim your server as I could, the day the week starts on, name, time, and lsug of the event, etc. I was unable to reproduce this issue. While looking back through your site to see if I missed any details I noticed the some recurring events, such as the “Women’s Bible Study”, do show up properly on all months. This leads me to suspect that the event itself is corrupted. Would you be up for deleting one of the series of events that is now showing up? If you click “Edit All” in the backend on that series, and then hit trash, it will put it in the trash. From there if you don’t mind emptying your trash it would rule out some possibilities. Now that the event is fully deleted, can you recreate it? After creating it stay on the page for a minute or two while the progress bar at the top fills out and finishs creating all occurrences. Now when you go to month view, does that event show everywhere it should?

Please let me know if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for your thoroughness in troubleshooting so far.

– Brook

Tyler
    Participant

Thank you for the response and suggestion.

I deleted one of the misbehaving recurring events, emptied the Trash, recreated the event, and cleared the browser cache. The events are still only appearing on the current month and are missing from past and future months.

Tyler
    Participant

This reply is private.

Tyler
    Participant

This reply is private.

Tyler
    Participant

Recreating a misbehaving event at http://christianscienceinlynn.org/events/ did not work.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Joy,

I was a bit stumped by what could be causing this. So today I inquired if anyone on our team had any ideas. One of our staff actually was able to reproduce the same issue, his name is Josh. He requested that I assign the topic to him so he could best help you figure out the possible causes. If you have any questions please let us know, otherwise wait to hear back from Josh as he investigates further why this is happening.

Cheers!

– Brook

Ben
    Participant

In reading this thread I am wondering if it is related to the issue with display of recurring events in the thread linked below.

• The events all display properly for the current week.
    • Only the first event shows when clicking on Previous and Next weeks.
    • Refreshing the page in those weeks makes them all display properly.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/only-the-first-instance-of-a-3x-a-week-event-displays-in-week-view/

(Ignore if the issues are not related.)

Tyler
    Participant

Yes, unchecking “Recurring event instances” in General settings did fix the issue, so now all instances of the recurring events show up in past and future months. Thank you!

Josh
    Participant

Hey!

Ben,

Thanks for providing that link to the other thread. It definitely was right in line with this current issue. Thanks!

Joy,

It looks like the issue you were experiencing is related to an existing bug that we have reported and will be addressing in an upcoming release. Currently the solution you have in place by unchecking that box will work as a temporary solution and we’ll be working on getting a more permanent solution in place.

I’ve added this ticket to our internal system for tracking bugs and you’ll be notified here as we make progress on this issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused so far. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we weren’t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Geoff

Hey there! Just wanted to deliver the good news that The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO 3.11.1 shipped today and a fix for this issue was included in the release. Please feel free to update and thanks so much for your patience here while we figured this one out. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we could fix it. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events for future months are not showing up’ is closed to new replies.