Recurring Event tribe_get_event_link Redirects to /event-calendar/event-slug/all

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event tribe_get_event_link Redirects to /event-calendar/event-slug/all

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by inhouse.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    inhouse
    Participant

Hello, I just updated WP to 4.9.4 and all plugins to the latest version including TEC and TEC Pro. Now all recurring events in the list view (we’re not using any other views) are redirecting to the “all” link (/event-calendar/event-slug/all). tribe_get_event_link and get_the_permalink() both return the correct URLs (/event-calendar/event-slug/date) but I’m getting redirected to /all.

This is a live site so unfortunately I am unable to deactivate plugins or switch themes without taking the time to copy the site to a development environment.

I’m happy to provide a WP login privately if that would help.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there!

I am sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your recurring events. I will try to help you get this sorted.

I do not see any events on your site redirecting to this url. Can you direct me to a specific event that is displaying this behavior?

Thanks,
    Sky

inhouse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I see. That is indeed strange. While the first in the series redirects to “all” the second goes to the proper URL.

Can you upload a screenshot of the “date and time” and “event series” settings for this event?

Thanks,
    Sky

inhouse
    Participant

It looks like the client technically has 2 posts. The one that is redirecting is a recurring event while the one that works is a single occurrence. Not sure why they duplicated the event (most likely lack of knowledge). Would this cause a redirect issue? I don’t want to unpublish/delete the event on a live site unless you think it may solve the issue. Attached screenshots of each of the event settings screens (single and recurring).

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yeah, those settings do not look correct. The first event screenshot shows it creating another occurrence, then immediately canceling it out. The second is a single event that spans two days. I’m guessing the redirect to “all” happens when there is only a single event in a series, which should not technically be in a series.

Let’s start with having the events setup correctly, and then see what the behavior is. You can read more about setting up recurring events in this knowledgebase article.

For testing, you can switch the status on the existing events to “pending” or “draft” while you try to create the new series to replace it.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

inhouse
    Participant

Good catch. They did set those events up in an odd way. I trashed the duplicate event and set up the recurrence correctly. I now see 1 event in the list publicly. The first occurrence (25th) still redirects to /all while the 2nd occurrence (26th) correctly resolves to the event detail page.

Sky
    Keymaster

Thanks for trying that step. I would like to rule out a conflict with your theme or other plugins. If you do not have a staging site, you can use a plugin like WP Staging to create a quick clone of your site to test on. Then follow the steps in our Testing for Conflict Guide to see if you can recreate the problem with all other plugins disabled and the Twenty Seventeen theme enabled.

Also, I see that you are using a caching plugin. Please make sure that you are clearing the site cache after making the changes.

Thanks,
    Sky

inhouse
    Participant

Ok, I have a staging environment set up now and the issue is resolved there. I haven’t event switched themes or deactivated any plugins. I’ll post a private reply with the staging info. I’m even more confused. I can also send a link to view my theme functions file for your reference.

inhouse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

inhouse
    Participant

I thought the same thing but there is no caching plugin active. Are you experiencing the same thing?

Sky
    Keymaster

I do get redirected when I try to visit the event. Can you upload another screenshot of the new day/time/recurrence settings for this event, so I can doublecheck the settings?

Thanks,
    Sky

inhouse
    Participant

Here’s a fresh screenshot of the newest settings. I made this change before cloning the site to the staging environment so I know both sites share this exact same setup.

Sky
    Keymaster

Thank you for uploading that.

Could you share your actual system information as is described here? What I can see now shows that you are using both a caching plugin and a redirect plugin. These would be the first two things I would investigate. But, if this information is not correct, I will not be able to make the best suggestions for your issue.

Also, can you try creating a new test event that spans the same timeframe as this one, and see if the behavior is reproducible?

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event tribe_get_event_link Redirects to /event-calendar/event-slug/all’ is closed to new replies.