Recurring Event show all

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event show all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

“View all” on a recurring event is starting with a past event rather than showing the current month.

Very similar to this forum post:

All recurrences URL shows events earlier than current month by default
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/all-recurrences-url-shows-events-earlier-than-current-month-by-default/

I followed what was suggested in the above post without success.

Any ideas?

Geoff B.

Good evening John and welcome back to the support forum!

Thank you for your question and we would love to help you find out what is causing this behaviour.

I followed what was suggested in the above post without success.

Do you mean that you:

1. Followed our testing for conflicts guide procedure completely ?
    2. Tried re-saving the permalinks without changing them ?

If you didn’t already, could you please do that before doing anything else ?

If you did follow these steps, I am noticing that:

• You are using WP engine. Could you try deactivating and emptying the cache? Once that is done, try saving the permalinks again.
    • The link you provided is a staging environment. Did you notice when this issue appeared (e.g.: after an upgrade) ?

Could you also tell me if that impacts all recurring events or just a few ?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Have a great weekend,

Geoff B.

John
    Participant

OK, I’m starting again. How is view all supposed to work?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon John,

To answer your question, the “See all” on recurring events will show you all of the recurring events starting with the oldest one.

Should you want to filter that result (e.g.: to remove the past ones), you can do just that by drawing inspiration from another one of our great customers as suggested here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/view-past-events-gorked/#post-1060236

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

John
    Participant

I’m in the process of testing for conflicts on a staging site.

I just went back to the live site to re-check. What I notice on the live site is that « Previous Events Next Events » is not showing up on the bottom of the page.

I’ll continue on with testing the staging site.

John
    Participant

In checking for conflicts on the staging site – I activated the Enfold theme.

Now when viewing a Recurring Event (See all) page:
    « Previous Events / Next Events » links do not appear at bottom of the page.

So, it must be a conflict with the theme.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon John,

Thank you for doing all the tests.

You are right, it does look like there is some theme conflict or template override issue.
    Can you tell me if there is a tribe-events folder in your Enfold theme ?

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

John
    Participant

Yes, there’s a config-events-calendar folder within the Enfold theme.

Enfold supports Events Calendar and has created 2 advanced layout elements that work with it:
    Upcoming Events and Events Countdown.

Geoff B.

Good evening John,

Thank you for your answer. That does confirm my suspicions.

You see, template overrides always have priority over our core and premium plugins files. You can get a better sense of this if you temporarily deactivate a default WordPress theme (e.g.: Twenty-sixteen).

Normally, that should result in your issues going away (but please let me know if it doesn’t).

So this leaves you with 2 options for now:

1. Contact the Enfold theme author and see if there is an update available.
    2. Take a shot at making these updates yourself using our Themer’s guide.

The reason for that is because even if a theme is compatible with the<b> </b>Events<b> </b>Calendar, any update of the plugin can break these customization (even though that is not our intent of course).

In other words, these advanced elements or any customization might require some code update after our plugins get updated. This is why, based on our policy, we do not offer support for template customizations.

That being said, we still try to get our valued clients started on the right track.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

John
    Participant

This reply is private.

John
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening John,

Thank you for your updates.

Hmmmm, as I stated before, we unfortunately offer very limited support for issues that arise from customization (even though we try to help our wonderful customers out to the best of our abilities).

With that in mind, I have a couple of questions for you:

• Are these customizations (the tribe-events folder) stemming from the theme itself (when you purchased it) or was it added afterwards ?
    • When you reverted back to a default WordPress theme where all the issues gone (most importantly the all link one) ?
    • Could you point me to a specific URL where the previous and next links should be appearing on your website (based on reverting back to a default WordPress theme) ?
    • Regarding specifically the all events link issue, have you given my suggested snippet a shot to see if that helps ?

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Geoff

Hey there!

Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we released Events Calendar PRO 4.0.6 last night and it included a fix for this issue. Please check your WordPress updates, or you can also grab the latest copy by logging into this site and heading to My Account > Downloads.

Thanks for your patience while we worked on this! Please feel free to open a new thread if you continue to experience the same issue or have any other questions that pop up during updating and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event show all’ is closed to new replies.